Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello guys - what do you think about this one? thanks!

F.B. has spoken good enough for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeThanks. You will notice how the grandees on the other site cannot identify such authentic regalia.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    F.B. has spoken good enough for me.
    This kind of statement really annoys me.

It should be good enough for you and only you.

FB and the rest of us are here to educate only. The onus is on you to read all the posted information, which is extensive and learn for yourself.

Sorry to be harsh but this forum is the BEST online resource for this kind of SS material, all you need is here.

Thanks all! So if i get it right the oldest cap is kind of rare old with a specific scull?
    The second one there is a doubtable scull?
    Really like the way you all share this years old build knowledge. Are there other things you can tell me about the two caps?

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeThe oldest cap has a rare variant of the Danziger Totenkopf. The cap is named to a Josef Graber, whom you might find with luck, although such a name is not unique. It is from the famous Lubstein firm, known for the Erel caps. The 1st cap was retailed by the SS department in the RZM, which is quite typical of such early caps. A1/ 81 is the RZM license code for Lubstein.
    The second cap is the fancy, extra wear variant, with a lousy Totenschaedel, but the cap itself is real and from the Firma Wille in Hannover. It dates from a later period, but prior to 1939 more or less.
    Do also note that the ding dong maroon site misidentified your cap for you, whereas we can spot these things based on some experience.
    The first cap is of a type introduced, more or less in 1934, and which was phased out around 1936 with a later model cap with a higher crown, and rigid structure.
    The first cap embodies a standardized model of cap ordered by Himmler at a time when the SS broke free of the SA, and at a time in which a lack of uniformity irritated the RFSS and made him introduce a series of norms for the uniform of his growing organization.
    We have described all of this in the posts here.
    You need an authentic neusilber Totenschaedel for the second cap, which is a challenge to find one at a sane price. They can be found, but it needs to be of the epoch ca. 1936-9 or so, with the bright finish.

My colleagues have other things to say, but the above is the result of fifty years of experience and the ownership of these items over the gulf of years.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2013 at 03:18 AM.

There exist yet earlier caps without RZM marks and such and we have included them here in other threads.

- - ------- - -

My colleagues surely have much to add on this score and will correct my errors, for which I thank them. Wim Saris has written much of this down in his fine books, as well.

- - ------- - -

Thank you Friedrich-Berthold for this great information. Can't thank you enough. It would take me an age to find out what you can tell in a minute!

I tried to make a photoscan of the Totenschaedel, what i noticed is a soon as you move with the cap the leather belt is always rubbing over the lower side of that Totenschaedel. Could this be the case why the Totenschaedel seems to be wear out?

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze  

?

Quote by eddyvds View Post
    Could this be the case why the Totenschaedel seems to be wear out?
    Or maybe it belonged to a relative of Jay Leno? At any rate, thanks for your contribution to the great compendium of black SS regalia on this site. I love early caps.

Maybe I am wrong but this Totenschaedel has a strange form in the Kinn.Somewhat not proportional and prognatic.Perhaps a victim of hypophisis dysfunction(a bit humor,sorry).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast