Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Must have been one huge moth!
    The present thinking leans towards rodents, actually. Foetid woolens, remember?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

Here are examples of cap covers that eluded little, nasty rodent teeth after 9 May 1945....Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The present thinking leans towards rodents, actually.
    I know, I was just joking..

Why do they attack fabrics, is it to make a nest or something?

?

The second early black visor on page one is now in my privet collection, And yes it's a fine example. I think it mite of had a earlyer political eagle before the standed m36 eagle. BUT I'm happy with it. I don't now why it has not got a cloth label under the sweet band or a RZM stamp on the beek, Thak's my only worry.

Quote by Astara View Post
    The second early black visor on page one is now in my privet collection, And yes it's a fine example. I think it mite of had a earlyer political eagle before the standed m36 eagle. BUT I'm happy with it. I don't now why it has not got a cloth label under the sweet band or a RZM stamp on the beek, Thak's my only worry.
    Congratulations. I am sure the object had the 1927/9 badge on it and then got updated. This is quite normal and almost common, as more of these earlier caps survived than one would think. The lack of an RZM label is to be regretted, but then the things do fall out or otherwise vanish in the progress of time. The lack of the stamp is not tragic, either. The earlier caps seem to have this feature somewhat less, so I would not worry about it.
    Well done and welcome to the demimonde of foetid black woolens and the hopes and fears that always go with them.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

Hi FB, What do you think of this mid 30'S officer's visor with 2rd political eagle. I don't know if I should talk about money here. But is 10K a good or standed price for it ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

I cannot comment on prices. This site has often had fine material. In fact, as regards prices, I only know what I have paid, which I have no intention of making public. I am aware of the asking prices of objects, but I am never certain of the real prices in such transactions.
    Are you?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-06-2011 at 05:21 AM.

?

Your right, poeple pay all sorts. But there must be a ruff world value for items, A standed price. That's the worry with collecting some dealer's are asking 2, 3 , and $4000.00 more for the same thing. I think it's O.K to talk about it, It's a part of collecting. That's why there are price guids.

But that's Fine thank's anyway.

?

Some great visors and info in the thread here.
    As usual, I learned something.
    Its hard to fathom how many of these relatively fragile visors have survived.
    Imagine, how little "demand" there were for these in 1946 in Germnay by the original owners.
    I mean, people could not exactly have been hoarding these in Germany. I imagine at that point, they did not have much "sentimental value" and the priority was food and survival in the ensuing chaos of WWII.
    It would be interesting to hear from the gentlemen in-the-know, how you judge the percentage of how many are vet bring-backs and how many have been discovered in Europe post war (after the vet bring-back surge).....?
    Are the current visors of this type some, that circulate in collections or do new pop up from the families and are discovered from time to time?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote by Astara View Post
    Your right, poeple pay all sorts. But there must be a ruff world value for items, A standed price. That's the worry with collecting some dealer's are asking 2, 3 , and $4000.00 more for the same thing. I think it's O.K to talk about it, It's a part of collecting. That's why there are price guids.

But that's Fine thank's anyway.
    You should always keep in mind the old maxim something is only worth what someone will pay. Above all, it is true. If the cap at issue happened to be purchased for the asking price then it is, ostensibly, worth that to its purchaser.

There are smart and dumb ways to buy any of these things. The smart way includes adherence to the above statement, patience, common sense and study. For example, dealers will often charge more for something than a fellow collector would, as you've noted. That might be something to keep in mind.

Make friends with fellow collectors. We are, after all, united in our enthusiasm for these dorky old hats. Learn all you can, be patient. Help the collective effort and be helped in return. It can only set you on the right path in terms of the purchase of these things.

The pieces can be really hard to make static assumptions about, price or otherwise. They come from different years, have different histories/stories, utilize different materials, and so on. The sundries at work can really make this whole thing a fun house. Generalizations can obviously be made when pricing old hats, and are useful often. This knowledge can come from patience, study, etc. But at the end of the day there are too many factors at work for the 'value' of the regalia to be completely codified.
    Last edited by locloc08; 01-06-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast