Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

I just scrolled up the page to remind myself of the topic. Allgemeine caps, "General" caps, I've never understood the term actualy. Seems like a not well thought out term for a very well thought out time in terms of describing each and ever item in such longwinded and pompus descriptions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

?

God, just had another one of those discussions on the WAF where you start to think that everyone is deaf and dumb.

?

Read this back and I should stop moaning so I got rid of it!
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-09-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I just scrolled up the page to remind myself of the topic. Allgemeine caps, "General" caps, I've never understood the term actualy. Seems like a not well thought out term for a very well thought out time in terms of describing each and ever item in such longwinded and pompus descriptions!
    Allgemeine SS came into use ca. 1934 once the SS began to split into different bits, i.e. the SSVT and the other specified branches, to designate the core of the SS with its order of battle more or less in imitation of the SA organization. I believe the same Allgemeine term was also used for the HJ to distinguish its bulk from specialized HJ units, i.e. the Marine HJ, HJ Streifendienst. etc. The Allgemeine SS shrank in its role once the war began, but continued to exist, surely, and the black uniform never fully went out of use, either, despite what some savants would have you believe.

At least the word is spelled properly in this thread. The normal, partially informed collector cannot spell the word properly.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    God, just had another one of those discussions on the WAF where you start to think that everyone is deaf and dumb.
    You made some fine points there and solicited also some noteworthy insights from other learned people. The reaction to you from the less felicitous and more argumentative is typical of a certain kind of exchange that is organic to the lord of the flies site, and which increasingly dominates debate (or what is called in my country "the conversation,") about all manner of things. In the US military such persons as irritate you, Ben, are called "self licking ice cream cones" which is a kind of perpetual motion machine that is invulnerable to the truth, a counter argument, evidence of any different sort. I am a mortal enemy of check lists, dogmas, doctrines, dictatorship when it comes to the study of the past. I have used this site to make several points and to reinforce them with historical evidence, but the problem on the lord of the flies site is the dictatorship of some less than well informed people, their check lists, and really what amounts to a resistance on a general scale to historical curiosity to employ all the evidence, if this means venturing about beyond the local militaria meet, or reading the normal not entirely well researched 2dary works on regalia published by houses with no or little editorial staff. The proprietor should look over his shoulder as jurisprudence is catching up with the practices of cyber bullying as well as anonymous libel and slander which has had a free reign there for some time.

The kind of baiting argument that unfolds in these threads your deplore is made worse, I think, by the lack of linearity of this medium, as well as the way that it worsens the worst that human beings do to each other with the written word, and robs us of central aspects of our normal facilities of debate and exchange that have evolved in our culture and civilization over centuries. Mind you, I am a mid 20th century man, through and through, and take great joy in the special atmosphere of a lecture hall, a seminar table, a museum, a concert hall, an art museum, and place where serious people wish to address serious themes in a serious way. Such could also apply to the Kneipe, or pub or Stammtisch where polite people meet in good comradeship to discuss matters with mutual respect. The dimension of mutual respect has vanished from the digital world for the lynch mob, the demagogue, the lunatic atop the gasometer with the hand grenade in his hand.
    One has only to look around our unhappy world for the violent people, some of whom express themselves in a pre violent way in the internet. They have no place on this site.

Such a thing of mutual respect and restraint is no longer a given, and the internet creates the soap box for the tyrant and the know it all and blow hard, who make no allowance for any gradation of meaning, cares nothing for the ambiguity of the evidence of the past. Some of them treat Nazi regalia as a means to infect others with Nazi ideology, which should be little surprise, as the creators of this symbolism intended same and surrounded these objects with a cult of magic and power that remains quite compelling. When, dear Ben, you try to make others see things in what is a critical, nuanced way, don't be surprised if you are slowly baited into senseless with nit picking and hair splitting of a inane variety.

There were some nice Luftwaffe caps on that thread, though. I have always liked Luftwaffe caps.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Here are men of the Allgemeine SS, heedless that their clothes will cause serious problems in the 21st century.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Their woolens are getting foetid in these images, as you can see. Some of it is caused by the perfume of the lovely Maedels of Glaube und Schoenheit.

?

Bless you FB, I do take a more agressive line on the other forum becuse its akin to a school play yard. Those who shout loudest give the other kids a wedgie and steal their pocket money etc. I'm a bit sick of that behaviour but equaly, I don't like bullies so can't help myself from posting.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Bless you FB, I do take a more agressive line on the other forum becuse its akin to a school play yard. Those who shout loudest give the other kids a wedgie and steal their pocket money etc. I'm a bit sick of that behaviour but equaly, I don't like bullies so can't help myself from posting.
    Adrian has given us a special place where we can behave well, and feel better for it. I am grateful to him and to you. That why we gave you your own cap forum for the investigation of holy stitches the forehead free pads to the joy of all souls in the internet. The problems you confront elsewhere I have to resist in my daily life and my professional life, so there is no incentive for me to do so there. Adrian has given me a halcyon place filled with foetid woolens, garden gnomes, crashed right wing politician limousines, and good company. Further, we police this place pretty rigorously so that the kind of inane and juvenile behavior that operates elsewhere is crushed at the outset.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

This book made a strong impression on me as a kid, and hence, my name for the other site.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

I strive to be better each day, a better boyfriend, a better drummer, a better historian, a better eveything actualy. I always fail but people like you keep my faith alive, I truly mean that!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast