Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I think this explains the point I'm trying to raise quite nicely.

How many of us have heard the term "Allgemeine" but never given it much thought before? I know I have. Allgemeine just means black hats and uniforms, right?
    Which is why you are hardly a novice in this material. Most US collectors use the word "Allgemine" with the emphasis on "mine" as in my pizza or my cam corder to describe this regalia. Allgemeine SS hardly means just black uniforms, but a particular part of the SS with its own particulars roles and missions.
    I have seen images of those Allgemeine SS officers in the echelons of the Abschnitte and Standarten with the grey uniform during the war, but such was the exception. It is a miracle that so many early black SS uniforms and caps have survived. This one was just sold by a US dealer for the Cologne/Bonn Standarte. It is of an early date.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

The SSVT, the SSTV, the Sipo/SD also wore the black uniform until such was phased out or suspended for the war with the expectation that the black would be worn again in peacetime. These entities were distinct parts of the so called Gesamt SS, though the distinction Allgemeine SS versus Waffen SS is present in the official documents of the war years and the Kleiderkasse SS catalog, too. though in the page I enclose the terms are black, grey and white....Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

Speaking of the grey uniform, I've been a bit cheeky here and "borrowed" these recent images. I find it enormously encouraging that such wonderful items are still being found and so should new collectors. This world is not just the domain of over inflated dealers prices and rogue sellers. If you know where to look and have huge amounts of patience, this can be your reward one day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze   Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Marvelous piece. Unmatched insignia, as often is the case. Or replaced, but real and who can care a fig? Very nice piece. I hope it is yours, too.
    Bravo. Patience is rewarded when one learns the ins and outs of foetid woolens. In reality, these later caps are not very poetic in terms of themselves as an object, they are bare bones, but that is a real one. thanks, your humble, FB

?

Not mine unfortunately, I haven't spotted one that was in my price range for a long, long time. That could all change tomorrow though, you can just never tell when the opportunity will arise.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not mine unfortunately, I haven't spotted one that was in my price range for a long, long time. That could all change tomorrow though, you can just never tell when the opportunity will arise.
    How sad. But you have two or more nice ones, and the wonderful field cap, no? Well done.
    Thanks for the additions here.

?

Actualy most have been sold FB, I got to that stage where the need of having some money to live on, outweighed the appeal of looking at them in a cabinet!

I find discussing these things more interesting than actualy owning them these days. It's probably sacrilege to admit it on a forum like this, but one schirmmutze is much like another! Within reason of course, there are a few that I will never sell.

?

Also, my attention is on Imperial caps right now. I find them and the era uterly facinating and very appealing..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze   Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze   Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Actualy most have been sold FB, I got to that stage where the need of having some money to live on, outweighed the appeal of looking at them in a cabinet!

I find discussing these things more interesting than actualy owning them these days. It's probably sacrilege to admit it on a forum like this, but one schirmmutze is much like another! Within reason of course, there are a few that I will never sell.
    Owning much of anything nowadays is a dodgy thing, really. I get far less pleasure out of all of it. I have a recurring dream that awful vermin are eating my caps and tunics, and my books, too! Maybe this is a sign?Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

If your attention has shifted to the old armies, i.e. prior to 1918, then I know several collectors here with first rate collections.

German aviation is also a love of mine, but I tend to spend time around aviators and such of the present, in fact.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast