Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Aviators and their aircraft is what drew me into this world. My parents house was half a mile from RAF St. Athan base in Wales. It was directly in line with the final approach to the runway actualy. There is nothing to compare to the thrill of an Avro Vulcan bomber flying 100 feet above your garden when your a 10 year old!! St. Athan was also were all the memorial flight aircraft were maintained so a Lancaster and Spitfire fly over was a fairly regular occurance. They had Black 6 there for a while also, the BF109G brought back from North Afrika.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

?

In a strange twist of fate, E.J. van Koningsveld who shares the same surname as myself is also an aviation addict and took this photo of the Vulcan. We might be related, I'm not sure!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

?

Haven't seen any in about a year and now another grey cap in the space of a few days. Just like London buses they are!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze   Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Not to intrude on this repartee, but I am glad to see that I am not the only "closeted" KR collector. Here is my latest--a reserve officers Schuetzen Garde visor. Yes, they lack the "Wehrmachtschitt", the padding, the fancy insignia, but their materials (especially from the Dunkelblau era) are on par with the TR:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Haven't seen any in about a year and now another grey cap in the space of a few days. Just like London buses they are!
    This cap of yours is a twin of this one, but the one in my image is in a better state of preservation. This one here is in the Shea Bever book for what it is worth.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Quote by BenVK View Post
    In a strange twist of fate, E.J. van Koningsveld who shares the same surname as myself is also an aviation addict and took this photo of the Vulcan. We might be related, I'm not sure!
    Very impressive. Victor, Valiant and Vulcan. I grew up with "Air Pictorial," and the "Oberserver's Book of Aircraft" which well prepared me to be a grammarian for the people who flew such objects. The cold war had certain advantages over the present misery, in fact.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Not to intrude on this repartee, but I am glad to see that I am not the only "closeted" KR collector. Here is my latest--a reserve officers Schuetzen Garde visor. Yes, they lack the "Wehrmachtschitt", the padding, the fancy insignia, but their materials (especially from the Dunkelblau era) are on par with the TR:
    The old armies are more edifying than much of the regalia we have spilled much effort over. These earlier caps were more likely to have been hand made in their entirety and hence intrinsically more valuable than especially the war time mass produced material of lousy quality and middling aesthetic appeal.
    Thanks. I, however, only collect foetid black woolens. But the totality of German and Austrian military history from 1618 until the present is my bag, as it were.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

The Wehrmachtschnitt was originally a cavalry Schnitt in which the saddle shape was favored in elite cavalry units of the old army. This style eventually overwhelmed the Tellermuetze appearance of Reichswehr caps. Look at images of the crown prince to see evidence of my assertion. The Wehrmachtschnitt with the high crown was against regulations in the early 1930s, as well, and triumphed as fashion despite official efforts to squish it.

All this did in learn from reading the UM, in fact.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-11-2011 at 05:15 PM.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Not to intrude on this repartee
    Not at all, I wish you would join us more often in fact!

Time for bed for me though.

Not without relevance to this theme is this early cap, which is actually quite large in real life. It has a tall crown and a large cap cover. One lives and learns.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Its new owner let me look at it.... This cap was in some of the earlier Schiffer books as fate would have it.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-08-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast