Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello friends Early non RZM private product please every opinions for this one (insignias are fakes pict 1-5, 6 is OK) ...

Default Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze

Hello friends

Early non RZM private product

please every opinions for this one

(insignias are fakes pict 1-5, 6 is OK)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I believe this cap appeared somewhere in the s.w. US from a US collector and made its way across the waters. It is wholly original, although I cannot generalize about the badges. Not all of these caps are extensively RZM'd and SS'd. There are variations as this type.
    SS'd ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The cap in posts n.6 & N. 7 are devoid of RZM/SS marks, which suggests a violation of the 1935 regulations on the marking of such items; but the cap very well may have been made before then, hence it is a moot point.

The cap you have posted at the head of this thread is a similar piece. The fact that its cap badges have been fiddled with makes it company to a significant fraction of existing SS caps. They were often stripped of their badges if they survived in Germany much after 1945. Such is pretty normal in my experience of this stuff.

Collector taste and doctrine favor pieces that are all marked up. But then the fakes are now all marked nearly the same way. Hence, an authentic, unmarked piece has its own virtues, too.
    OH YES, I am stupid, SS'd = SS Diamond

I am sorry but my english is not very well

Guys thanks for opinions

I send in the early future another info from seler, maybe with photos.

I will have my wife write in Czech to you. My brother in law in Europe's first name is Milan. Once more, happy collecting.

"Collector taste and doctrine favor pieces that are all marked up. But then the fakes are now all marked nearly the same way. Hence, an authentic, unmarked piece has its own virtues, too."

Up, very nice wrote

Thank You Friedrich

Quote by milan12 View Post
    "Collector taste and doctrine favor pieces that are all marked up. But then the fakes are now all marked nearly the same way. Hence, an authentic, unmarked piece has its own virtues, too."

Up, very nice wrote

Thank You Friedrich
    Thanks. This stuff is extremely complicated, really, and I sympathize with the difficulty you face with finding real material. The US side has sucked up so much of the black SS material, so that Europeans must search in no. America for this regalia. I do recall when this cap turned up, and I think it was on ebay and then went to a leading NSDAP collector who is chums with Bob Coleman and then to a UK collector. I even have old images of it somewhere, maybe. If I can find it, I shall post it here.

In any case, happy collecting and use the junk I have put on this site. It has taken me since 1966 and a pile of treasure to figure out some of it. And, please warrant my words, I only know a very little bit and I am not even certain I am especially right in what I know. I keep waiting for others with more experience to share theirs.

Gentlemen-
    May I note that the title of this thread is misleading and incorrect. The black uniform was worn by all branches of the S S. not specifically by just the Allgemeine S S.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Colleague Coleman is correct: this cap could have been worn by the SSVT and SSTV as well, to say nothing of the other branches of the so called Gesamt SS....R u S H A and however all the acronyms are called.

Our Czech colleague gets a lot of credit from me, however, in that he spelled Allgemeine properly. I am sure you will associate yourself with my praise on this strategic aspect. In my experience, the surviving black caps are often, in fact, from Allgem. SS people, granted the relative size of the armed formations in the era prior to 1939 as well as the likely case that the stay behind regalia survived recycling, bombing, denazification, abuse and the other ravages of time. The other unknown is the % of this regalia that was auf Kammer somewhere, that is, was in storage in some warehouse. This cap here was plainly not such a piece.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.

My Friends,

I present my new Black Precious.

Insignias are unmarked Assman, I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze   Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze  

Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze   Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze  

Allgemeine-SS Schirmmütze  

Congratulations. The zinc insignia are likely not original, but the cap is, surely. I recall when this piece appeared on the German daggers site.
    These things somehow return to central Europe. It is fitting, I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast