MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Art of the Cap Box

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484 In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded? Some of the other p

?

Default Re: The Art of the Cap Box

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484

In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded?

Some of the other people here on this site (see post above as regards Austrian vimmin cavalry) do not seem to esteem women very much, but I do.
    I do not know this nice young woman with the fetching blue eye shadow, but maybe she has a large hat collection. The Germans in this picture are wearing fake hats, too. Or theatrical versions of military head gear. Why?

There is also a well known cathedral in this picture, but one has trouble seeing it because of the other magnets to the eye....
    Cologne?

on the Rhine of course.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Art of the Cap Box
    P
    Many

Koeln wie immer!The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box

I have spent a lot of productive and happy time here in my former life.
    On the other hand, recently the woman at the rental car desk at the Cologne/Bonn airport was a real sour puss, and would not give me a receipt for my Citroen diesel when I turned it in. This woman here with the pose at Karneval and Rosenmontag looks much more pleasant. The Citroen diesel was ok, and was ok, too, in the snow of which there was a goodly amount. That was before the blizzard hit just now. Maybe the woman I encountered is also lively at the right time of the year?

The car I rented was not unlike this. It drove well, really, even if the diesel was loud.The Art of the Cap Box

Where I live, one does not encounter French cars.The Art of the Cap Box
    Bonn looked like this while I was there at the end of last month and the beginning of this month.

This is the hat store in Bonn. It is very nice.The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box
    I bought this kind of hat in the fall.

?

the woman at the rental car desk at the Cologne/Bonn airport was a real sour puss
    I think they are all the same the world over FB! Must be an excruciatingly dull job.

It snowed again here last, will need one of these soon! On the plus side, London is so quiet when it snows, it's bliss.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I think they are all the same the world over FB! Must be an excruciatingly dull job.

It snowed again here last, will need one of these soon! On the plus side, London is so quiet when it snows, it's bliss.
    You need the Waffen SS model for Kurland or something. The woman at the Cologne Bonn counter was an exceptional sour puss, that I can tell you. Many jobs are dull, surely. Her colleagues in Frankfurt and Muenchen as well as Berlin are more cheerful. I imagine that London in the snow is very nice and has its Dickensian aspect. I never go to the UK, since my area of operations is east of the Rhine generally. But I like snow and the peace it brings, even if it is illusory. The world of ours is much too loud. I am happy I did my flying at the start of this month, though.

with best wishes to you and all your colleagues in the UK and elsewhere. Thanks for making this site a noteworthy and productive place.

I imagine that more than one cap box ended up as kindling or fuel in the home fires of the years 1945, '46, and '47The Art of the Cap Box....The Art of the Cap Box

?

I imagine that London in the snow is very nice and has its Dickensian aspect.
    Err, I suppose so. Great for the tourists, not so great trying to get to work and all that. London is so ill prepared for any kind of harsh weather, everything grinds to a halt. I might be moving to Amsterdam in the new year though so who cares!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Err, I suppose so. Great for the tourists, not so great trying to get to work and all that. London is so ill prepared for any kind of harsh weather, everything grinds to a halt. I might be moving to Amsterdam in the new year though so who cares!
    Germany and Austria are better prepared, except for the German rails. The best is Vienna, where I lived last winter and they mastered the snow with ease.
    But the climate in Vienna is pretty continental, with cold winters and hot summers. I am fond of it, save for the heat when it is muggy.

I have not been in the UK since the early Thatcher years, i.e. 1982.

Holland is very nice, surely. You can live a healthy life on a bicycle.

?

Prehaps it's time for another visit FB? Much has changed since the eighties. London is truly a wonderful place to visit, there's always so much going on. Can be expensive though. I can't believe I just payed nearly £200 for a pair of tickets to see the rock band Rush in the O2 arena next year! just crazy!

I must plan a trip to Germany soon. There's been a series of excellent programmes on the BBC recently discussing many aspects of the German heritage and culture. I was facinated by one such program regarding Frederick the Great. The Palace in Potsdam will be on my list of places to visit for sure.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast