Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Art of the Cap Box

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484 In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded? Some of the other p

?

Default Re: The Art of the Cap Box

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I bought this kind of hat in the fall.
    Here's my latest find. A very rare black woolen peaked alter art feldmutze from the British fascist outlet, TK Max. Notice the leather chinstrap!

It's actualy the girlfriends cap but she wouldn't let me take a photo of her!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Art of the Cap Box
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's actualy the girlfriends cap but she wouldn't let me take a photo of her!
    Not to worry though, I found this old photo of her anyway! This is our little secret though guys, she'd kill me if she found out I'd posted it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box  

Thanks. London is a wonderful place, I was there often in the period 1969 until 1971, but that was awhile ago and it is now more expensive. Berlin and Wien are my haunts, and neither is that expensive compared to western Europe.

Here is the final resting place of Frederick II in Potsdam.The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box

The black cap needs the regulation cap badge. It is a nice picture of your girl friend, really.The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box

But have we not had too many picture of badges and not enough of women?

?

It is a nice picture of your girl friend, really.
    Thanks FB, I think she's beautiful of course.

Looking at her photo on the screen reminds me of all the period photos of young ladies wearing their husbands and lovers caps and uniforms for the camera. Strange that we should participate in the same frivolities in 2010.

?

Some lovely images of ladies that I've found during the long hours of searching through the archives. The first photo of the lady with the dark eyes is absolutely captivating. There were a series of photos of her in Life magazine but of course, I can't remember how to find them now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box   The Art of the Cap Box  

The Art of the Cap Box   The Art of the Cap Box  

Attached Images Attached Images The Art of the Cap Box  The Art of the Cap Box 
    Last edited by BenVK; 12-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.

The woman at the top from the Kutno ghetto in October 1939 is the most tragic of all, as she was likely murdered by our cap making subjects soon thereafter. Her Ahnenpass was not in order, but also reveals many aspects of our subject as concerns gender, embodiment, and mass murder.

Thank goodness your girl friend can wear this Panzer field cap without the tragedy of war immediately at hand, though our world knows no peace in 2010 as was the case seventy years ago.

Our best wishes to the fighting men and women of NATO and partner countries at distant fronts this Christmas time and I celebrate all women of either historical or contemporary interest with headwear or without.

The woman at the top from the Lublin ghetto is the most tragic of all, as she was likely murdered by our cap making subjects soon thereafter.
    Thank goodness your girl friend can wear this Panzer field cap without the tragedy of war immediately at hand, though our world knows no peace in 2010 as was the case seventy years ago.

Our best wishes to the fighting men and women of NATO and partner countries at distant fronts this Christmas time and I celebrate all women of either historical or contemporary interest with headwear or without.
    PS My colleague who furnished me an image of a cap badge on his rat eaten hat wanted to know why I post circus posters as well as images of the dance of death. We have to expand our horizons here, don't you think?The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box

I was in London last year doing an internship at Parliament, actually. The winters were downright tropical compared to the that of the upper Midwest United States; you guys are definitely spoiled by the gulf stream. The warmer months, however, are sunnier and warmer around here, and I'm about 7 hours away from the Canadian border! The UK is great, but there's way too much rain.

Ben, I have to say that while you are quite the handsome devil, I am glad to know it is your girlfriend's cap and not yours. ;-D

?

The woman at the top from the Lublin ghetto is the most tragic of all, as she was likely murdered by our cap making subjects soon thereafter.
    Yes, that's right, thanks for jogging my appalling memory. It is difficult to look at her beautiful face and think of what probably happened to her.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast