Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

The Art of the Cap Box

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484 In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded? Some of the other p

?

Default Re: The Art of the Cap Box

An old thread but I liked it very much

Here is my normal 19th centuary Cap Box. Nothing compared to the Beuaty of the cap box at the start of the thread but still an interesting piece that escaped being distroyed in the 20th centuary. As you might think it would be distroyed because if its simplisity. But it was the thing inside the box that kept it safe.

The Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap BoxThe Art of the Cap Box

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Art of the Cap Box
    P
    Many

One of the very best bargains (ever) is the Brilliant Classics nice little cap box, ... They have refined the art of breathing such that with very little effort,

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Boxes are distinct from cases, which are an after-market item. Here is a killer M-43 Erel General's with the case that protected it all these years:
    Wow! any chance of more details and photos?

?

Simply mind blowing that these fragile items have survived for so long.
    I can understand a 'peace time' tall hat in its box surviving for 80 years, but TR visors and their corresponding boxes were hardly something Germans treasured in the immediate post war era hence they may have fallen by the wayside in huge numbers. That the visors were brought home by allied soldiers is one thing, but that these hat boxes were also 'liberated' by the victors, is a source of wonder to me.
    Very nice, that they have survived.
    Thanks for sharing.

?

my mehr & speyer box.

The Art of the Cap Box

Very nice item, Patrick. If the thing could only speak and open the horizon of the past to us.

?

The Art of the Cap Box

The Art of the Cap Box

A Müller box with three Müller caps. A plain and simple hat box that serves as an extreme opposite example compared to the delightful box that began this thread all those years ago...

The construction of the box and material is, from what I can determine, identical to the one stonemint posted above.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7