Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art

Article about: A shameless plug for my new find but also a serious question. I've never seen such a full and detailed maker mark on a leather sweatband before. In my experience, highly unusual. Has anyone

?

Default Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art

A shameless plug for my new find but also a serious question.

I've never seen such a full and detailed maker mark on a leather sweatband before. In my experience, highly unusual.

Has anyone else seen similar embossed markings?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art   Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art  

Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art   Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art  

Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art
    P
    Many

Default Re: Artillery Feldmeutze Alter Art

Hi Ben, super looking cap.

I cannot recall seeing a sweatband with so much address detail embossed into it before? A nice touch.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade, I do love Alter Art caps, they are my favourite style.

The maker is E.Tregcher or maybe Trescher of Freiburg, another unknown maker to me at least.

Freiburg i. B. is a lovely place.

We should visit there and see if "Kings Street" still stands?

?

Not far from the Switzerland border if I'm not mistaken?

Artillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtArtillery Feldmeutze Alter Art
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not far from the Switzerland border if I'm not mistaken?
    Yes, it is southern Baden, adjacent to the Schwarzwald. It is site of the German military archives, and, a great university, to boot. I spent a happy time there in the 1980s and 1990s. The town was also seat of the Bundeswehr history center, which moved to Potsdam in the middle of the 1990s.
    Southern Baden has balmy weather for Germany. I do not go there much any more, as close I get is Schwaben, which has less appeal for me, really. Kaiserstrasse is the main shopping street, if memory serves. My life has shifted to the Berlin-Vienna axis, with some residual time in Bonn am Rhein, but much less so than in the epoch of my youth and studies in West Germany.

The images attached are of the NSDAP buildings on the Koenigsplatz in Muenchen immediately after the war. I was just there, in fact, and the remnants of the temples of honor are still there, that is, the foundations.

Artillery Feldmeutze Alter ArtHere is the Kaiserstrasse in Freiburg i B. in former times.

Ben's hat is very nice, too, which I failed to mention. He has fine taste. And he did a fine job of restoring the badges to the cap. Well done.

?

My friend is too kind as always. My aim is only to find the authenthic examples, restore them and then ask a little profit in return for the effort..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast