Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review

Article about: Despite the purchase of Tony Vickers' excellent reference on the German army visor and perusal of many threads I must admit to being quite 'green' on the topic of visor authentication and va

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Interesting, thank you for the information.

Can I ask, with the complete lack of makers marks, what pins this visor as being made by Erel?
    The placement and font of the stamps; lining material; visor; and shape...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Look further into the edges of the lining and you will see some red (probably) pencil marks at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions.
    As fortold by the prophet!

I checked and sure enough, the marks are there as you suggested. I assume these marks were to assist in manufacture? To line up the lining or something similar? Are such marks indicative of Erel manufacture or did many makers use a similar marking system?

Hi Glenn,

That's an excellent example!

Here is mine. Got it 4 or 5 years, ago.

It's made by Erel and other than the condition and the grey lining of the eagle, pretty much the same.

This is my one and only Schirmmütze in my collection.

Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review

Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review

Artillery Officer Schirmmütze for review

Regards,
    Taka

Hi,
    The visor is 100% wartime manufacture and in a pristine condition. Artillery is a very common branch color, so prices are not too high for these visors. I know PvL as a very reliable dealer, I have done a lot of business with him. You can buy with him without any problems, also his return policy is good.
    Paul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4