MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia

Article about: Hi everyone! As I stated on the authentication post for this cap (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...review-764522/), it is with much joy that after having received it I wish to show you

Default Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia

Hi everyone!

As I stated on the authentication post for this cap (Artillery Officer's Visor Cap for Review), it is with much joy that after having received it I wish to show you a few better quality shots of this artillery officer's visor cap with embroidered insignia. It has only a few tiny moth nips here and there but it is very well preserved otherwise. I did my best with the lighting to take clear shots... I hope you guys like it.

Thank you Chris for vetting this one for me, you are the man!

Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered InsigniaArtillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia

As always, please recieve my kindest regards and stay safe!

MG.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia
    P
    Many

?

Very nice pictures, much better than those of the vendor! Very elegant shape - nice high crown, perfect Klappmütze, lovely, congratulations. What size is it?

As an amateur cap maker I would be very interested in the measurements of this cap - would you mind taking them? I. e. the length of the seams of the side panels (particularly the one at the front) and the lengh and the width of the crown (see red markings below). I always wonder what makes some caps so more elegant than others - many of them have the same measures: 7 cm at the front, 4,5 at the sides and 5 at the back with a length of about 28 and a width of about 24 of the top panel (for size 56). Still a miracle to me, after many years of trial and error in making caps.

Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-07-2020 at 11:06 AM.

?

It’s all in the cut!
    The shape of the panels is what gives the graceful form..
    That really is a beautiful cap!

All the best,
    Bob

?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    It’s all in the cut!
    The shape of the panels is what gives the graceful form..������
    That really is a beautiful cap!

All the best,
    Bob
    Plus the workmanship - I tried out cuts of caps with the "perfect" shape, yet when I sewed them, they looked disappointingly different. But one should never give up to do better.

Looks even better than it did before--congrats again...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you everyone for your comments!

I'm not sure about the size, but it seems bigger than average to me. The measures you mentioned are the following: 7,5cm at the front, 4 at the sides, 5 at the back and top panel is 28x24. I hope that helps

?

¡Buenas noches! Migobeego,

Thank you very much, indeed it does - insofar as it confirms the "classic" measures and even more so, if the cap is really bigger than average (which would have indicated a larger top panel). Very interesting indeed! Again congratulations to this fine cap.

I just read the dealer’s description again, it’s size 57

TWS
    ?

Wonderful specimen. Congratulations.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you very much for the interesting comments.

In my opinion, Third Reich military clothing was by far the most elegant of that time, probably it is still even now. It is such an interesting but challenging endeavor to study the details of the manufacture process that made these items so appealing. As ErWeSa said, maybe some companies kept part of this information confidential, which ultimately renders these items ever more attractive.

Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia Artillery Officer's Visor Cap with Embroidered Insignia
    —— Credit: F.B. ——