Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Article about: Is it me or do most WH General visor caps have metal insignia? Did Generals prefer metal insignia over bullion? Cheers, Pat

?

Default Re: The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Did the Tank protection caps sometimes be made without the Adler and the Swastika?

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Ask Jeeves Thread!
    P
    Many

?

Was it commen for the headgear to not have the Eagle?

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Cheers, Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Was it commen for the headgear to not have the Eagle?

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Cheers, Pat
    Hi Pat-
    It was very uncommon. The wreath is not the standard pattern found on the beret. This photograph likely is quite early in the adoption of this form of headwear.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob, I thought it was a bit odd to see this portrait without the the eagle. Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Pat

Hi Pat, this was the early pattern of Heer Panzer beret insignia. Worn sans eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Could you take the white top of a white topped cap? And what would be under it?

Cheers, Pat

The Ask Jeeves Thread!The Ask Jeeves Thread!
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pat, this was the early pattern of Heer Panzer beret insignia. Worn sans eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    I think this beret cover without the Hoheitszeichen was ca. 1934, at the moment when the beret was introduced, and the white woven badges of Hoheitszeichen and Kranz/Kokarde appeared in 1935. I used to own three Pz berets.

Could you take the white top of a white topped cap? And what would be under it?

Cheers, Pat
    Most white top caps were removable, though some were not. The removable ones have a structure in the cap band to enable this removal, and usually the inner lining of the cap. Modern day Bundesmarine caps are made much the same way. Other caps with white covers were fixed, as in the case of normal grey, blue and air force blue caps.

?

Thank you Friedrich. I thought all white topped visor caps were made with the white non-removeable. But when I saw a white topped cap where somone said they did not want to risk removing the white top, I thought I woudl ask.

Cheers, Pat

KSH
    ?

Thank you Friedrich. I thought all white topped visor caps were made with the white non-removeable. But when I saw a white topped cap where somone said they did not want to risk removing the white top, I thought I woudl ask.

Cheers, Pat
    The reasoning behind removable white-tops is that white crowns will get dirty much easier than crowns made of darker cloth and as such they will be needing regular cleaning to always look their best. To avoid ruining the rest of the cap in the wash, the crowns were made removable and could thus be washed separately.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast