Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Article about: Is it me or do most WH General visor caps have metal insignia? Did Generals prefer metal insignia over bullion? Cheers, Pat

Default Re: The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Quote by KSH View Post
    The reasoning behind removable white-tops is that white crowns will get dirty much easier than crowns made of darker cloth and as such they will be needing regular cleaning to always look their best. To avoid ruining the rest of the cap in the wash, the crowns were made removable and could thus be washed separately.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    How true. Nice to see my Norwegian friend posting here. I have still not read Zarathustra, which is bad of me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Ask Jeeves Thread!
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    How true. Nice to see my Norwegian friend posting here. I have still not read Zarathustra, which is bad of me.
    I pop in from time to time, but I am much more busy now with the mundane, everyday world, alas. Nietzsche remains elusive in the physical sense for me too I am afraid, although the books are situated not many yards from where I am. I am glad to see that you keep rolling the stone up the hill for the benefit of those that will listen.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Quote by KSH View Post
    I pop in from time to time, but I am much more busy now with the mundane, everyday world, alas. Nietzsche remains elusive in the physical sense for me too I am afraid, although the books are situated not many yards from where I am. I am glad to see that you keep rolling the stone up the hill for the benefit of those that will listen.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    The rock is landing on my head much harder nowadays than in former times. I am also suffocated in my everyday life, but I have fine students, eager to learn, and they give me much hope and pleasure. My best to you and please post more often.

Pat

look for some threads on lufti officers caps or KM white caps and you should find some pics of the white top removed.

cheers

tony

?

Thank you gentlemen for your help. The white top is an interesting thing.

I am happy this thread is here, and I am more than happy with the help given. Thanks friends

Cheers, Pat

The tropical tan top was also removable as was the white top. In my first collection, I obtained from a veteran a white top Kreigsmarine petty officer cap with white top and also the removable tan top that went with the same cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Your first collection is a thing of legend and glory.

?

Hello Gents, I have anouther question.

What does Textbook and "Out of the Woodwork" mean?

Cheers, Pat

Textbook, as i understand the meaning, is when an item has all the right and necessary things that one would expect to see. The out of the woodwork i'm not sure. Maybe "as it was found"?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Hello Gents, I have anouther question.

What does Textbook and "Out of the Woodwork" mean?

Cheers, Pat
    Textbook means it completely matches all known and expected materials and construction techniques.

Out of the woodwork, is a pretty poor expression IMO, that means it has just been found without previously being in a collection or been in a dealers hands. This means attic finds, local adds, boot /yard sale etc....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast