Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Article about: Is it me or do most WH General visor caps have metal insignia? Did Generals prefer metal insignia over bullion? Cheers, Pat

?

Default Re: The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Thank you for the help. I knew it was somthing like that, but I just wasent sure.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Ask Jeeves Thread!
    P
    Many

Quote by Bond View Post
    Textbook means it completely matches all known and expected materials and construction techniques.

Out of the woodwork, is a pretty poor expression IMO, that means it has just been found without previously being in a collection or been in a dealers hands. This means attic finds, local adds, boot /yard sale etc....
    Both terms often obscure more than they reveal. I have serious issues with the former and find the latter always more than slightly suspect.

?

I agree as you will always find that one exception to the rule in textbook terminology, and Out of the woodwork, leaves a lot of matters to interpretation

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree as you will always find that one exception to the rule in textbook terminology, and Out of the woodwork, leaves a lot of matters to interpretation
    Thank you for your intervention. My work on this site has had the aim to undermine the dictum, doctrine and dogma of "textbook," which more often than not merely means what collector group think taste of a given moment might dictate, or an item that corresponds to a collector picture book.
    In the case of items that are virginal from dealers' and collectors' hands, a uniform ensemble I recently bought is proof of the opposite; i.e. that material passes through various hands and reveals its life in sometimes irritating ways.

Surely there are many examples of items that burst in a flurry of innocence and purity, but such assertions are not always watertight.

For myself, I favor the disposition of old collections, where one often finds treasures all the same.

To each his own, of course.

?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/warme...bernr25759wrf/

I have been saving up my pennies for a long time now, And i just wanted to make sure if this is an original!

I've seen some BDM Overseas hats that have been for sale around the net as of late... but I've never seen a picture of such hat, being worn by a member of the BDM. So why does the RZM tag say BDM if they never wore them?

Did the luftwaffe ever issue and use a tropical trapezoid for headgear. I don't think they ever did, but there is an example listed for sale on the Ruptured Duck. IMHO it is wrong, the construction etc...

C-278* Rare Luftwaffe Other Ranks Tropical Field Cap Trapezoid Insignia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Ask Jeeves Thread!   The Ask Jeeves Thread!  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Never heard of such a thing Jerry, looks died in any case.

Me neither???

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Never heard of such a thing Jerry, looks died in any case.
    Yes, I think you are right about it being dyed, so why are the duck selling it? Hmmmm.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Me neither???

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, looks wrong and never existed. Makes you wonder why a big name dealer are selling it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast