Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread

Article about: Dear Ben, what do you think of these images, please? You are a man of gifts with this sort of thing.....

?

I had my doubts about the tunic but they are not really my forte.

As an aside, I was in Norway recently visiting a friend who has a tremendous collection of SS grey hats including an Erel Sonderklasse Generals rank example. I was dubious at first due but could find no faults with it. He also has a CW produced Officers cloth peaked field cap in Trikot which is in pristine condition. One of the rarest caps I've ever handled but yet, as you rightly say, rather hum drum quality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread
    P
    Many

PS--

I told the person who inquired of the insignias that I could not verify them, so I put them on the "scull" sub-thread, and they got thumbs up:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-me...55/#post970628
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The insignia are totally real and they are of the same epoch as the cap, and all of it is rather low quality, but it strikes me as all correct.

?

Everything about the cap rings true of a cheapy CW Kleiderkasse piece. Sloppy piping and stitching included.

There goes our opportunity to get it for a decent price now that everyone knows!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Everything about the cap rings true of a cheapy CW Kleiderkasse piece. Sloppy piping and stitching included.

There goes our opportunity to get it for a decent price now that everyone knows!
    It is my fault, Ben, I am indiscreet.

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    I had my doubts about the tunic but they are not really my forte.

As an aside, I was in Norway recently visiting a friend who has a tremendous collection of SS grey hats including an Erel Sonderklasse Generals rank example. I was dubious at first due but could find no faults with it. He also has a CW produced Officers cloth peaked field cap in Trikot which is in pristine condition. One of the rarest caps I've ever handled but yet, as you rightly say, rather hum drum quality.
    Thanks. The black tunic is to the 31 Sta. and to a man who was also a Kreisleiter. Its a POS to be sure.
    I own a real one to the NSDAP Kreisleiter in Heidelberg. The tunic in the auction is junk and has an RZM tag which gives the whole thing away.
    I know the Norwegian collection and the field cap, which is a great thing. Gradually all the bits are re united at least in the digital palace.
    Thanks for the help and sorry to have spilled the beans with this, but spilling the beans is the norm around here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-01-2013 at 06:45 AM.

?

Ah well, not really my cup of tea anymore anyway. I was actually looking for a nice Imperial silk top when I stumbled across this auction.

You should write to Bruce Herman or to Whammond for such a thing. The Heinz von Hungen collection had many, many silk caps of the sort your desire.

?

I will do so, thanks!

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadThis is a non cheapo, nice general's cap.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast