Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

big confusion about artillery visor cap

Article about: This one just came in with the post. I got it from a trustable , experienced seller in germany. This is how I like visor caps, just a bit of age to it. To me it looks 100% legit but I decide

Default big confusion about artillery visor cap

This one just came in with the post. I got it from a trustable , experienced seller in germany. This is how I like visor caps, just a bit of age to it. To me it looks 100% legit but I decided to email the seller to thank him and ask where he got the cap. First of all I assured him that 'this is ofourse an original piece'' and then I asked him '' I would like to know where you found this cap and did you replace the insiginia (wouldn't really matter since they are original)? '' It is always nice to know whether a piece is 100% untouched since the TR period or not. I have to admit, I was quite shocked by his answer! He answerd that ''by looking to the sort of material, the quality and the finishing touch, you can see this is not an original cap'' (???) To me this looks 100% legit, if this turns out to be not correct, well... I'll quit collecting i'm affraid. The best thing to do is 'look for yourself' but since I'm a new collector, I rely on other more experieced opinions... So I don't know what to think about this now... Help please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture big confusion about artillery visor cap   big confusion about artillery visor cap  

big confusion about artillery visor cap   big confusion about artillery visor cap  

big confusion about artillery visor cap   big confusion about artillery visor cap  

big confusion about artillery visor cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement big confusion about artillery visor cap
    P
    Many

The cap is an original Schellenberg--nothing to worry about.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

very nice cap.

Ask the seller if he has "anymore fake caps like this" that he'd like to unload....It's a one looker cap. Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Either you misinterpreted him or the dealer was irritated by your question and deliberately yanking your chain. Totally legit example. Did you have to translate his answer from German? Maybe something was read incorrectly. NH

If this cap is bogus/fake, then at least 75% of all other caps
    in collections is also fake. I think Heil Hever could be right and
    the dealer was irritated (or the answer was not well translated),
    but I guess irritated!

Thanks Wilhelm - I think it is a case of the dealer being a "smart aleck" about the cap. By the way, no need to refer to me with a "Führer Grusse" as in Heil Hever!
    I'm just an ordinary guy with no thought of being a ruler. : ) Neil H.

Maybe the dealer was talking about the insignia
    only ? however it looks good to my eye, even
    from a phone. A splendid cap, that I'm sure
    any of us would love to own.
    Congrats.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It hardly needs to be said that this is a Schellenberg cap of nice make, and anyone who describes it as a fake is a lunatic.
    In other words, me too.

I contacted the seller again and asked him if he is sure this is a 'fake'. He immediately apologised, he wrote it wrong, 'er hat sich verschrieben'. So in fact he meant that by looking to the materials and quality of this cap, you can see this is 100% original. Well, I just hope he doesn't give this kind of answers again when someone asks him information about an item before actually buying it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast