Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Black cap from elsewhere.

Article about: for the analysis of cap experts.

Default Black cap from elsewhere.

for the analysis of cap experts. Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.

- - ------- - -

Not mine, mind you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black cap from elsewhere.
    P
    Many

Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Black cap from elsewhere.Mine look like this:

?

Good morning F.-B.,

good to hear/see from you. I had difficulties, too, when I started with my cap-making to get the velvet straight - this was the first thing that struck me. Cap bands can of course wrinkle when the cardboard/buckram stiffener behind gets too wet or broken but that does not seem the case here. The inside view exposes a funny line on the visor just above the sweatband. I am, of course, biased by the way you presented the cap but I would say this job could have done better (unless it really got wet and the visor had to be reapplied for some reason, which is theoretically possible. That is why I am so cautious with my diagnoses, even more so because I don't have the specimen in my hands).

By the way: I tried out Wehrmachtsschnitt with Hempe’s instructions for construction and I am not convinced of the outcome. Compared to my ErEl the differences are obvious: with ErEl the Seitenteile are of different length and they don’t “ascend” in a regular way – the gain of height is achieved in the third next to the front seam (don’t know if this is comprehensible English, in German: die vorderen Seitenteile steigen zuerst langsam, im vorderen Drittel – zur vorderen Naht hin - dann stärker an) which makes the Erel look very elegant, whereas Hempe….

Hi FB,

I like yours better !

This one has a look and manufacturing feel of an Imperial cap but based on two pics who knows.........may well be a converted WW1 Hussars cap..........although crushed the shape looks more of that era.

May well be original though or more likely a stinker, others who know better will no doubt add value to the thread but may as well get the ball rolling with an opinion.

cheers

Tony

I agree--appears to be an LHR2 visor that has been Nazified...a shame, as officer LHR visors are much rarer than SS visors (but unfortunately do not command the same price).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree--appears to be an LHR2 visor that has been Nazified...a shame, as officer LHR visors are much rarer than SS visors (but unfortunately do not command the same price).
    That is really a shame, too.