Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black cap SS expertise please

Article about: Hi guys here i go again your help is essential please look like there is a lock of rzm stamp on the visor I dont know if thats proper or not Thank you all for your help

?

Default Black cap SS expertise please

Hi guys
    here i go again your help is essential pleaseBlack cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise please look like there is a lock of rzm stamp on the visor
    I dont know if thats proper or not
    Thank you all for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black cap SS expertise please
    P
    Many

?

If it is original I can only cite Pascal Bernhard in this thread: SS RZM Tags

"It's a Heinrich Wille - Hannover : "195""

If only F.-B. was still here, he could have told on first sight.

See also post #40 of this thread (SS RZM Tags)

The peak seems rather new (perhaps that explains the missing stamp) - and there are signs of an interrupted seam where the seam of the peak begins - any chances of further pictures of the seam of the peak?

I don't know anything of insignia, so I can't comment on these. But somehow somebody seems to have worked on this cap. The question is when? Further "under the hood" pictures would certainly be helpful, an "in hands" insepction even better.

?

Oh, just found this: SS Black Visor Cap A RZM 195, no stamp on the peak! F.-B. explains it all in this thread. (Which doesn't mean the peak wasn't replaced, this would have to be checked.)

Now do a research of your own on this splendid forum: there is almost nothing that has not yet been treated here!

BTW: Miss you F.-B.!
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 10-15-2017 at 10:27 PM.

I agree with ErWeSa's observations. I think without doubt the visor was replaced as the shape of the hat doesn't conform to the shape of the visor. Nor does the visors condition match the the condition of the cap. The chin strap and buttons also do not match in condition. The cap body trikot and piping look ok enough the only concern is the slight wave in upper white band pipe above the skull. The insignia especially the skull are less than convincing. If original a cap that had definitely had some restoration work done without a doubt. A strange rash of these caps the past couple days see attached thread here, that has had me going back and forth.

Brian
    SS Enlisted man / NCO visor

That's some good digging ErWa but I still believe that visor is replaced. See tears in sweatband where it attaches to cap body, and also where the cap body is stretched to conform to shape of visor.

Black cap SS expertise pleaseBlack cap SS expertise please

And compare to

Nice natural flow of visor transitioning to cap body

At the very least the underside of the visor has been repainted IMO. Best regards.

Brian

?

Hello bsiwula1,

I am with you what concerns the peak - reverse/obverse contrasts with the wear of the rest of the cap. I do, however think, the tears of the sweatband were caused by the original peak, and, whoever attached the new one, he/she was lucky enough to find one fitting the original one perfectly in length. The good man/woman didn't, however, bend it before sewing it to the cap so it puts stress to the front part deforming it to some extent.

Anyhow what would be the alternative? Leave a damaged peak on the cap or leave the cap without peak? I don't know what the seller says/knows. As long as this is not sold as an untouched example and when the buyer doesn't mind and if the price is O.K. ...

BTW: Miss you F.-B.!

I can only ECHO these sentiments! What I think is going on in his mind when threads such as these appear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sDsgkRW2hDA

Brian

Edit: And Bob too!

?

How right you are!

?

so sharp vision on this guys like xray machine
    thank you
    i have not been here for so long (crazy at work) where is Mr F-B if i can ask please

?

the cap is for sale by BrentsAntiques for 5 k

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast