Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Private Purchase SS Officer Schirmütze

Article about: by Scout Astounding, that rules stipulated, that the tailor/shop was not even allowed to use the 'Hoheitsabzeichen' in his own display window. The NSDAP and the RZM stipulated that party and

?

Default Re: Black Private Purchase SS Officer Schirmütze

The condition of some of these caps never ceaces to amaze me.
    When even lower ranks in the Black Corps made private purchases, it shows the amount of pride taken in their appearence, I guess.
    Last edited by Scout; 05-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Private Purchase SS Officer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

?

Very nice and interesting caps. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Pat

Great !

Black Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeReflecting on these old pages from a long time ago might make clear to some of the younger persons here how radically this all has changed in four decades...
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-09-2012 at 02:25 AM.

What the younger collectors have to understand is that there were no full-color, life-size pics of headgear back in the day (and I am talking about buying from the major auction houses such as Manions). Most pics of hats were literally the size of a thumbnail and printed in black and white on cheap paper. You were lucky if there was a pic of the interior logo--forget even asking for an "under the hood" shot!

I returned a lot of hats back in those days. It took forever to get a refund (and even longer to get paid if you sold something).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Black Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeBlack Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeThe visual orientation was quite minimal by the promiscuous standards of today.

Black Private Purchase SS Officer SchirmützeThe term "private purchase" should recognize that each SS officer had a clothing allowance which he might spend at RZM licensed outlets as well as in RZM retail as well as the Kleiderkasse SS. Trade marks in official party items were forbidden in the course of 1935, but I do think this dictum was universally enforced.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The visual orientation was quite minimal by the promiscuous standards of today.
    I wonder where item # 1236 is nowadays. Would like to see that cap in full colour high res digital photos!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I wonder where item # 1236 is nowadays. Would like to see that cap in full colour high res digital photos!
    Your wish is likely shared by others.

?

Astounding, that rules stipulated, that the tailor/shop was not even allowed to use the 'Hoheitsabzeichen' in his own display window.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast