Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

?

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

There's doesn't seem to be any of the cloth peaked variety here in these images but what an astonishing array of headgear non the less.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make   a black SS officer's cap of early make  

a black SS officer's cap of early make   a black SS officer's cap of early make  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

Thanks for the pictures. We wish we owned the caps in the picture. The images of the first spade for the construction of the Autobahn (Frankfurt Darmstadt) is from 1933, at which time no such cap existed (i.e. a black cap with the cloth peak...), though colleague Derek knows for sure.
    Those are nice pictures, and we have illustrated many of these early SS caps here, have we not. On the other site, such illustrations elicit and solicit a less collegial and harmonious response, do they Ben?
    Thanks for this and all your courtesies to this site.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

The autobahn pictures are especially pleasing as there seems to be a wide variety and mixture of the old and new cap insignia plus we can assign the date to the exact day in history.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The autobahn pictures are especially pleasing as there seems to be a wide variety and mixture of the old and new cap insignia plus we can assign the date to the exact day in history.

I can look up when this picture was made, since it is everywhere. Wim Saris would know the date through which the NSDAP caps, which were recently revised with the Wehrmachtschnitt or Reichswehrschnitt from the kepi type, were then introduced in said period.
    In any case, I have a weakness for the early black SS caps.
    Thanks for your picture research and general citizenship here.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-08-2011 at 01:00 AM.

?

A few more from the same year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make   a black SS officer's cap of early make  

a black SS officer's cap of early make  

Thank you. I must noodle around more in the BA site. The ship board SS man is a hoot. Many of these others images have been reproduced 10,000 times, but they are interesting. There is a famous picture book on 1933, Das Jahr der Deutschen, which I will include here as an orientation. Of course, these pictures went into hundred of Nazi illustrated works on their victory in 1933.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for your picture research and general citizenship here.
    No thanks needed, I also find this key period uterly fascinating.

For instance, I did not realise that due to the ban on paramilitary uniforms, the fledgling SS paraded without their tunics but still wore their breeches and hats. I did find an image but cannot find it to hand right now..

Quote by BenVK View Post
    No thanks needed, I also find this key period uterly fascinating.

For instance, I did not realise that due to the ban on paramilitary uniforms, the fledgling SS paraded without their tunics but still wore their breeches and hats. I did find an image but cannot find it to hand right now..
    There were several uniform bans on the SA and SS prior to 30 January 1933, but the principal one was in 1932 at which time they wore white shirts and blue caps. The article by Assmann in UM talks about this episode in detail. It was at the end of the SA Verbot uniform ban in 1932 that the black SS uniform was introduced, along with the olive drab SA uniform jacket.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The ship board SS man is a hoot.
    Isn't it just though! jacket unbuttoned, cigarette in hand! It's not the politically correct thing to say but I can relate to that, I hate being all buttoned up and my vice is tobacco.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Isn't it just though! jacket unbuttoned, cigarette in hand! It's not the politically correct thing to say but I can relate to that, I hate being all buttoned up and my vice is tobacco.
    We will make a similar image of you with one my foetid old coats.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast