Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

?

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

We can try but I don't think that would go down too well on a cruise liner these days!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

Tobacco helped kill my dear father, but the images of people smoking a long time ago do have some poetry to them, really. You have to admit it. I have never smoked, and used to be in Europe where everyone smoked like stacks in the 1960s and 1970s, but such vices are vanishing. I can recall my time in Croatia in the 1990s, when all smoked like a forest fire, and they had great verve and style to it. I assumed they smoked so much having just been in the war of Yugoslav succession. My Germans all smoked, too, in the beginning when I was in college there. I am not sure that bean sprouts with e coli and wasting time trying to squeeze Shakespeare or Goethe into the 140 characters of a "Tweet" compensates for tobacco. I mean, my parents went through the second world war, and drank oceans of booze and smoked tons of cigarettes and had freedom, which I do not have.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    We can try but I don't think that would go down too well on a cruise liner these days!

On the other hand, there is Nazi chic. Maybe if you took off the brassard, no one would know what you were wearing. However, I am loath to let anyone touch my foetid woolens. You may come look at them, and I will buy you a carton of cigarettes for somewhere else.

Since Ben and I converse via these threads, for those who are infuriated by our banter, here are images of black SS caps for no good purpose.
    Ben and I are allies in a world in which friendship has been debased in the hell bent for leather chase for beauty and profit.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

Just out of interest, who is this rather stern looking fellow? He's always there in the background during the period...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  
    Attached Images Attached Images a black SS officer's cap of early make 

You have to go to the Axis history forum for said request. That is their bread and butter.
    I confine myself to the caps, and have some general sense of place and time, but less so of each senior SS personality.
    The second image is that of 21 March 1933, the Day of Potsdam, when the III. Reich was more or less proclaimed with the convening of the new Reichstag in the Garrison Church in Potsdam on the Breite Strasse. I drive this place constantly, and the man with the cap and scar is not there.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

I like identifying individual hats more than personalities but this brute does appear very often. Notice the distinct crease on the crown in both photos...

The devotees of Prussian Potsdam will resurrect the Garrison Church, but what is more evident today are these healthy young Germans, heedless of the past and devoted to sports, which is the national passion.a black SS officer's cap of early make

One has trouble realizing how remotely far away in one sense is the scene on 21 March 1933 that unfolded nearby and is memorialized in Ben's post.

no foetid woolens for a youth seized of hope and energy.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Further example of a cap of early make with some more detail of same. This cap has a leather peak and updated badges.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make
    It was the property of some Herr Dr. Professor, likely a racial theorist and person who made hatred a science.

The cap has no RZM marks, but is of extraordinary quality versus the later types from this firm. Maybe it was made to order.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast