Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

?

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

An extraordinary example! the untreated underside of the leather peak is very interesting as if the compressed relief around the top edge.

Thank goodness no tags and stamps to twist the knickers either!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Just out of interest, who is this rather stern looking fellow? He's always there in the background during the period...
    It's Kurt Gildisch. Himmler got him the tin tack for the same reason as Bruno Gesche....Boozing.

Kurt Gildisch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    An extraordinary example! the untreated underside of the leather peak is very interesting as if the compressed relief around the top edge.

Thank goodness no tags and stamps to twist the knickers either!
    Thanks. The compressed relief is found frequently on said caps, actually, See attachments.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Here is a clearer image of the leather peak of the ex Mollo, ex Chapman cap, and the Clemens Wagner, racial science professor cap above.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make
    Thanks to colleague d'Alquen for the image.
    I do think that the leather peaks of NSDAP caps of this era also have the raised structure on the peak, too.

?

Yes, that's what I was trying to say, very distinct.

Can anyone tell me how it was done? first prize is a trip to Blackpool for the weekend.

?

The winner is Coco and her laser beam eyes who correctly said that it's all due to boiling the leather then compressing it in a mould.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  

I assume the process, whatever it was, derived from the same way one made Pickelhauben and other leather head gear of yore.
    Happy cats and happy foetid headwear to all near and far.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I assume the process, whatever it was, derived from the same way one made Pickelhauben and other leather head gear of yore.
    Correct as always dear friend!

We salute you sir!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  

Thanks, I return the salute to your cats and other creatures.
    The struggle for truth in foetid textiles worn on old racist heads proves too much for all concerned, especially in the punch and judy show that is the 21st century.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

More burlesque with foetid woolens.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast