Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black SS Tank cap

Article about: Good morning from Germany. I have a question to this black tank cap. I wondered, if it could be authentic or just a reproduction with an RZM-tag sewn on it for upgrade. Could you give me a h

Default Black SS Tank cap

Good morning from Germany.

I have a question to this black tank cap. I wondered, if it could be authentic or just a reproduction with an RZM-tag sewn on it for upgrade. Could you give me a hint?

Thank you

Grenzwolf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Tank cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS Tank cap  Black SS Tank cap  Black SS Tank cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Tank cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Black SS Tank cap

That must be a early m40 or as known a second type Feldmuetze
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi

I was under the impression that only items of clothing for the "political party" had an RZM ticket.

As part of the Army the waffen ss issue clothing did not fall under the licence system of the RZM.

Taking this as a guide I would therefore be suspicious....or I could be wrong.

Hopefully someone with more ss knowledge will chip in.

cheers

tony

?

We surely need FB's input here.

As I understand it, the earlier pattern Allgemeine black Schiffchen with the front skull button and embroidered triangular eagle on the side was replaced by the Luftwaffe style or "Fliegerschnitt" cap with either the button and side eagle or bevo insignia just on the front. All had RZM tags, the earlier ones on the top lining, the later ones on the side.

Whether or not the later caps were then used by the newly formed WSS Pz divisions is a source of conjecture or so I've read. I personaly have no problem with that theory, it would make sense to use up stocks of clothing already available as the black uniform was phased out.

I'm not particularly keen on this RZM tag shown here but I can't be sure either way and I can't seem to access the other photos of the cap to form an opinion.

It looks promising, but bigger better pics are needed.

Hi Tony, this is a complex subject. But the basic answer is "no". Early Waffen SS items will still be found with RZM markings.

However, as Ben has aluded to, this cap was intended for the Allgemeine SS use.

Cheers, Ade.