Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?

Article about: Hello everybody, first off, please excuse me if my entry is in a wrong category or not fitting at all, this is my first and maybe only post. My name is Helen, and i am not a collector of mil

?

Helen,

According to information on-line (What Is Polyester?) the chemical basis of Polyester was first patented by the British during the war but put into production in the USA by Du Pont after the war.

The best choice of reproduction cap sellers depend on whether you are in Europe or the USA (or wherever) - as it will have obvious cost implications.

I'm quite in sympathy with the spirit of DIY although a visor cap would be a major challenge. If you do want to continue in the same spirit perhaps a so called 'overseas cap' (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ge...w=1280&bih=647) might be a good compromise? I should add that my own skills don't extend beyond sewing on buttons or roughly hemming a pair of trousers.

Regards, Philip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?
    P
    Many

Hi Helen

Polyester is a no but the term melton wool mix is correct for some materials used, especially the more expensive examples. the tricot material is an over weave style used to give a square grid like look on the material which made it robust yet flexible to shape. The other type is know as a doeskin which is a very heavy wool content material and eskimo which is a higher quality version of the former.

Either way try this guy for repro caps.....

he has quality goods but not at the cheap end of the market ! Search for the company www.extraklass.co.uk

cheers

Tony

can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?Here is the specification for such textiles. No Polyester was used in the 1930s. There was used, in some cases, a woolen blend, the specification of which we have included elsewhere.

My enclosures are in German, but you can translate them in the machine.

CBH
    ?

I've had a friend make a M-43 for me out of some repro camo , but a peaked cap would be very difficult . Buy a repro and doctor it up .
    Cheers

?

hello again, everybody.

Despite all your advice, i tried to sew a crusher cap by myself, trying to incorporate all your input.
    It's my first-ever tryout, and it looks a bit like a hack-job, but i think there is room for improvement.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Helen View Post
    hello again, everybody.

Despite all your advice, i tried to sew a crusher cap by myself, trying to incorporate all your input.
    It's my first-ever tryout, and it looks a bit like a hack-job, but i think there is room for improvement.

Congrats. Kudo's to you for even trying and better than any of us could do in a million years.

LoL - Looks better than some of the fakes out there!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well done. You could make these and sell them to the multitude.

Yes well done indeed Helen!!
    Steve

CBH
    ?

Great job , sorry I ever doughted your ablites .
    Cheers

?

Great Job. I agree with what was said above. I have seen reproductions that didn't look that good!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast