Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Whis is your favorite branch in the nazi era ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wehrmacht

12 22.22%
  • Luftwaffe

5 9.26%
  • Kriegsmarine

4 7.41%
  • Waffen SS

19 35.19%
  • Allgemeine SS

5 9.26%
  • SS VT

4 7.41%
  • NSDAP

2 3.70%
  • SA

0 0%
  • Civilian

2 3.70%
  • Other

1 1.85%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The cap fan poll

Article about: I like SA caps, too. This was mine, but I traded it to a friend. It was in Saris Spronk book and I did not even know it, and still sold it. Haha At least it, and the other caps I sold went t

?

Default Re: The cap fan poll

Here is a quite decent TV visor (see further) with beautifully tarnished insignia:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cap fan poll  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cap fan poll
    P
    Many

?

I say TV because it was purchased with a complete TV Hauptscharfurher's uniform, and the VA stamp here is identical to that on the tunic lining, except for size:

?

And the RZM tag, for those of you who keep track of such, like I do; I have not been able to link this to a manufacturer:

Thanks for the interesting data.

Here is some additional material....
    Attached Images Attached Images The cap fan poll 

This cap appeared elsewhere, and has its own poetry, too.
    A handsome piece. I actually own several army caps, and this one is not mine, but I would be happy to own it all the same. The Eichenlaubkranz in Silbergespinst is embroidered into the Muetzenband. Notice, too, the regular appearance of the crown piping, the mark of a craftsman. My cap making book makes the dimensions of this craft more obvious to me when one reads the text and reflects on the extraordinary skill necessary to make the patterns for this kind of thing in various sizes, and then also to cut the cloth in such a way that it all ends up in such a perfect form. This cap here is 200% more interesting than the 08/15 Lubstein cap in their dozens and dozens.

The maker with the code number A1/15 is: H. W. Bachmanns of Arnstadt.
    D'Alquen

Thanks to d'Alquen for this data on Bruce Antiquefrog's cap. This is a maker one does not see frequently, and I have to look closely at the map to find Arnstadt. The town is in Thueringen (not far from Gotha) which makes the thing even more rare.

F-B, you have excellent taste (as usual). Even I, as someone who does not collect WH anymore, would love to have this example in my collection. It is the zenith of the haberdasher's art--"pre-war quality" is an understatement:

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This cap appeared elsewhere, and has its own poetry, too.
    A handsome piece. I actually own several army caps, and this one is not mine, but I would be happy to own it all the same. The Eichenlaubkranz in Silbergespinst is embroidered into the Muetzenband. Notice, too, the regular appearance of the crown piping, the mark of a craftsman. My cap making book makes the dimensions of this craft more obvious to me when one reads the text and reflects on the extraordinary skill necessary to make the patterns for this kind of thing in various sizes, and then also to cut the cloth in such a way that it all ends up in such a perfect form. This cap here is 200% more interesting than the 08/15 Lubstein cap in their dozens and dozens.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B, you have excellent taste (as usual). Even I, as someone who does not collect WH anymore, would love to have this example in my collection. It is the zenith of the haberdasher's art--"pre-war quality" is an understatement:
    Thanks, dear colleague, for my point that this piece is far more interesting than nearly all the army Lubstein hats that others fuss about on the other sites. I sold a nice, nearly Reichswehr infantry hat that is not as nice as this, but it had silver wire Effekten. I own two general staff caps, one of which is a Mueller that is similar to this Pz piece, with a leather peak. I do not have images of it, though. In any case, the Pz cap with the Stickerei is so nice that it belongs here, too. This infantry cap here is also many, many times more rare than all these Erel Kleiderkasse thingies of the war's height. The cap I attach here from the 100,000 Mann Heer came from a time when the officer corps, the cadre of the Wehrmacht, was a few thousand strong.

?

Just a brief intermission in this fine exchange, but I do want to thank d'alquen for his arcane input on A-1/15. I understand there are a couple of carefully-guarded copies of the source book on such information; not having such, I am building my own, and hope to complete it by time I am 96.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast