Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Whis is your favorite branch in the nazi era ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wehrmacht

12 22.22%
  • Luftwaffe

5 9.26%
  • Kriegsmarine

4 7.41%
  • Waffen SS

19 35.19%
  • Allgemeine SS

5 9.26%
  • SS VT

4 7.41%
  • NSDAP

2 3.70%
  • SA

0 0%
  • Civilian

2 3.70%
  • Other

1 1.85%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The cap fan poll

Article about: I like SA caps, too. This was mine, but I traded it to a friend. It was in Saris Spronk book and I did not even know it, and still sold it. Haha At least it, and the other caps I sold went t

Default Re: The cap fan poll

Quote by Frog View Post
    Just a brief intermission in this fine exchange, but I do want to thank d'alquen for his arcane input on A-1/15. I understand there are a couple of carefully-guarded copies of the source book on such information; not having such, I am building my own, and hope to complete it by time I am 96.
    At the risk of spilling the RZM beans, as it were, you can buy the microform of the Handbuch der RZM from the Library of Congress, which would be cheaper than the real thing. Of course, then you need a microform reader, too, which is a pain.

But this knowledge is not as exclusive as it would seem. Someone should digitalize the whole thing as well as the Mitteilungsblaetter der RZM, en suite.

Arnstadt, however, is an out of the way place for hat makers and is interesting for that reason. Weimar and Buchenwald are in Thueringen, of course.

Bruce, your cap is an issued piece with the Verwaltungsamt SS stamp, something which is not especially common, either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cap fan poll
    P
    Many

?

F-B :

Thanks kindly for this information, which I was wholly unaware of; I will perhaps look for a fiche reader on E-bay! The subject is obscure, to be sure, but interesting to a burrowing animal such as myself.

In my limited experience, I had not seen the VA impression on a cap before, to be sure, but the thing in hand seemed quite right at the time, and still today.

I attach a picture of the VA stamp on the TV tunic itself, as well as a few file pictures of this getup for those who have not seen it previously:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cap fan poll  

?

An ungainly shot; the collar board has lost its RZM label, clearly once present:

?

And the Rock label:

A such a stamp in a cap....which I assume means it was issued from a Verwaltungsamt SS quarter master store of some kind, a Kleidungskammer of some unit. In contrast, most caps were bought by said Allgem. SS man (as contrasted likely by some SSVT people, who were also doing their military service...)
    Attached Images Attached Images The cap fan poll 

?

The chevron; tried to post a few minutes ago, may be a duplicate:

The stamps in black tunics are more common, for instance in such a piece from the SSVT, in this case the LAH. Certain tunics were privately tailored and have no such stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cap fan poll   The cap fan poll  

?

The brassard is a straightforward undisturbed wool example, marked thus:

?

Dueling posts:

Just final comments on the TK outfit, and then I will cease and listen.

The whole is tight and problem-free; the buttons are Assmann I believe, SS marked 155/37.

Finally, a shot of the label in the breeches, then I'm done:

Very nice, and the label in the breeches is an authentic one versus all the fakes one sees. Very nice Montur with fine provenance.
    Thanks for showing us your treasures. The officer piece is also very attractive. Colleague Coleman has an SSTV Montur or two, I think, amid his many fine SS uniforms.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast