Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Cap Making

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen, encouraged by and with the consent of F.-B. (thanks a lot for the encouragement) I publish the pages of Hempe's book relevant for visor cap making. This also involves a

Cap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap Makingand you make my point that all of this endeavor had a significant element of the imponderable and the unknowable that is the core of art and human creativity in general.

I do not expect the 21 century "three dee" printer and internet of things to belch forth with a well made cap of the type I enclose here....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Making
    P
    Many

if it does, I will eat my hat......

?

Dear Sir,
    please don't!

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Dear Sir,
    please don't!
    You are right. I would eat the post 1945 hats first, of course.

In post 16 from ErWeSa I see my favorite organization: NS. Deutscher Frontkämpfer-Bund (Stahlhelm).
    Here some parts for the new regulation from July 1934: Die Bundestracht, related to cloth and headgear
    (sorry, I had no time to clean the copies).

Cap Making

Cap Making

Cap Making

Thanks FB, but I was not ready. Here two photographs of wearing the cap:

Cap Making Cap Making

Oh boys you all are quick with your thanks and likes. I was not done and had
    not done my final check.

Thanks for the wonderful material. All those who have not, should buy all of Wim's books.
    Where else can we see such remarkable, acute primary sources of such compelling interest?

Cap MakingCap MakingThe Stahlhelm people use the term "Bluecher Muetze" to describe what elsewhere is called a Klappmuetze and or a cap derived from the officer's field cap.

The Bluecher Muetze is correct for the wars of liberation and Napoleonic era, when this kind of cap was essentially a forage cap.

Also noteworthy is the same kind of fussy regulation of regalia and uniform as found in the Nazi organizations of which the Stahlhelm presently became after 1933.

Such mention of Bluecher is also germane, since it is the bi-centennial of Waterloo now.....

I

?

Great stuff - actually this is seems to be a Tellermütze (circular top panel, equal length of the seams of the side panels), the fact that there is no stiffener at the back so that the cap "klappt" down backwards makes it a Klappmütze, although - contrary to Hempe - the front seam of the panels is not longer than the other seams.

Bravo. The inner secrets remain thus no longer thanks to our ErWe's scientific studies.

Isn't it so the Blüchermütze did not have the metal ring in the top, to retain the shape for the top?
    The Stahlhelm-Handbuch did phrase the cap as such in the mid 1920's as the "weiche Form", to
    make a difference with other visored caps. Drawings in price-lists do show the "dented" top for the cap.

Cap Making Cap Making

Cap Making Cap Making

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast