Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Cap Making

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen, encouraged by and with the consent of F.-B. (thanks a lot for the encouragement) I publish the pages of Hempe's book relevant for visor cap making. This also involves a

Cap Makingand some of these Jenkins will have for sale if one is eager to own such an item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Making
    P
    Many

Cap MakingCap MakingApropos Bluecher Muetze, here is an attractive piece, at very modest cost.

?

Default Latest attempt

F.B.: This is the state of affairs. From now on there should be no more major problems (hopefully so).

Bravo. Well done. Very saddle shape and especially find rendering of the crown piping! You are a master!

?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was actually looking for something else but found this (didn't even know I still had it). I won't post the entire booklet in order not to bore the non-German-speakers amongst you. Obviously the trade "Kappenmacher" existed longer than I had thought in Austria considering the date of publication of the information (1988 and 1994).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Making   Cap Making  

Cap Making   Cap Making  

Cap Making  

?

Default Final Exam for cap makers

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Found another document of times bygone. This is what examiners expected Austrian cap makers to be able to do in order to complete their apprenticeship positively. A pity the trade no longer exists in itself.
    As to the text: the apprentice had 5 hours time to produce one Tellerkappe with piping and lacquered visor and one civil cap (composed of six parts).
    This work is supposed to be done by a professional cap maker within only three hours (which is perhaps possible if you want to make a cap in the modern way i. e. foam rubber reinforcement of the fabric, woven piping that simply overlaps etc. etc.). If you want to produce a TR cap following Hempe's suggestions 5 hours for one cap will not be enough (even if you have all the materials/sewing machines/pressing iron etc. at hand) - at least not for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Making   Cap Making  

Last edited by ErWeSa; 04-17-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Wonderful. Thanks for your research. All fabulous documents and proof positive of why such cap making is more or less a lost art.

Cap MakingFor some here, the whole system of apprenticeship and preparation for a career as an artisan requires some explanation.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast