Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Cap Making

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen, encouraged by and with the consent of F.-B. (thanks a lot for the encouragement) I publish the pages of Hempe's book relevant for visor cap making. This also involves a

Cap MakingCap MakingThis was the prototype. (right)
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-04-2015 at 06:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Making
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 857734Our Helen made this cap of silk!
    I am an admirer of Helen's piping-processing-faculty! And of her ability to handle thin fabrics like silk let alone her abilities to find these fabrics in what comes near to feldgrau - congratulations!

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    I am an admirer of Helen's piping-processing-faculty! And of her ability to handle thin fabrics like silk let alone her abilities to find these fabrics in what comes near to feldgrau - congratulations!
    You are both craftsmen and craftswomen of the highest skill. We found the textile place through common labor, as it happens.
    There are still a lot of textile stores in Germany, as I saw recently. Such a a thing is extinct where I live, which is very sad.
    Also, if you go to the IV Gemeindebezirk in Wien, there are also still textile and tailoring places, as in times past.
    The silk for this cap apparently was recycled from a dress...the color is correct, too.

?

Dear Sir,

my list of shops to visit in Vienna next time I get there is getting longer. As there is only one textile shop left here where I live (with nothing coming only near to what I would need) and shops closing down in Graz and Linz, hopefully the slogan "Wien ist anders" proves right.

Dear Sir, thanks. I was in the IV Gemeindebezirk about nine years ago, and along Margaretenstrasse there seemed to me a fair number of tailor places and also the textile places to go with them.
    The handicrafts are alive and well in Wien, too, are they not, especially in Neubau and Mariahilf, I think, where I normally stay when I am there.
    The Fa. Rochowanski on the Opernring does a fine business in militaria, and they are very good friends of mine. He works closely with the imperial auction house, Dorotheum.

Hallo,

does anybody have relevant informations (originale documents, patterns etc) on the bergmutze and einheitsfeldmutze? I have just bought a decent replica bergmutze but flaps are just so and so, and it doesn't have the right shape because of it.

Having seen well documented people here I'm asking even if slightly OT.

ty

Your man is ErWeSa. He knows all.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Your man is ErWeSa. He knows all.
    Thank you, F.-B. I wish would. If there is anybody to know all it is Wim Saris. I certainly don't,
    everything apart from Schirmmützen is a Spanisches Dorf for me. But I do have the Hempe book and he also describes how to make Bergmützen.

Thank you, Wolfgang, happy new year. Hempe does include said data.

Please don't keep your light behind the proverbial bushel. You are a person of great knowledge in all these fateful details.

?

As we are on the subject, there is a Dallüge cap on ebay.de at present (WK2 Luftwaffe Schirmm) the lining of which is eaten away and this shows two very interesting details: the centerband was handsewn to the stiffener. Particularly how this was done with the upper part is astonishing: not simply stiched through the stiffener but, after the stich comes out of it, around it and again from the outside through it (don't know if everybody is confused now by my lack of knowledge of the English language, so see for yourself):Cap MakingCap Making
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 12-29-2016 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast