Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Caps with exterior tags?

Article about: Tags and marks in caps form an area of poetry and arcane knowledge.

Default Caps with exterior tags?

Hi, all

I'm looking for images of caps with some or all of their original tags, particularly exterior tags such as one would find applied to the chinstrap, etc.? If you have any pieces of your own that you're willing to share I'd love to see them.

Best,
    Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Caps with exterior tags?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Caps with exterior tags?

Interesting question, I know that I have some suitable images, just give a minute to find them..

I'd like to see some as well. I sadly don't have any to share though.

sorry

cheers

tony

In certain instances for NSDAP caps, an RZM tag was attached to the Gehirnbremse. Mr. Stonemint has images of these, and the Saris book on NSDAP headwear has such illustrations as well.
    Size markings were somethings attached to the exterior of caps, as well, as in 55 cms. and such.

The Mustermuetzen of the RZM also had the Probe leaden mark attached to the outside, as here. Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In certain instances for NSDAP caps, an RZM tag was attached to the Gehirnbremse. Mr. Stonemint has images of these, and the Saris book on NSDAP headwear has such illustrations as well.
    Size markings were somethings attached to the exterior of caps, as well, as in 55 cms. and such.
    Yes, F-B is correct. As far as exterior tags, all I can think of is RZM tags and the occasional size tag.

If maker tags is what you mean, I have never seen one on the outside of a cap in all my years. I have seen 2 maker bags, in which the hat was placed prior to shipping, but none of the major makers used them. Even the hat boxes are a rare exception.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?

An Ordensburg cap from the store rooms at Vogelsong. Occupied by the American Army as a headquarters building, many of these caps were taken as souvenirs by American troops. The paper RZM tag is still affixed to the left side of the chin cord. Note the original packing paper is still inside the cap These caps are often confused with Reichsleitung caps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thanks to my colleagues for the additional material. The Saris book describes the practice illustrated in Bob Coleman's images.

One of Maederer's caps in the Johnson War Booty book shows a black SS officer's cap with a size marking on the exterior, which never was removed before the fall of the regime.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?

An Ordensburg cap from the store rooms at Vogelsong. Occupied by the American Army as a headquarters building, many of these caps were taken as souvenirs by American troops. The paper RZM tag is still affixed to the left side of the chin cord. Note the original packing paper is still inside the cap These caps are often confused with Reichsleitung caps.

very handsome piece as ever. There is now an excellent book from Ch. Links Verlag on the Ordensburgen, with particular attention to Vogelsang.

Bob beat me to the punch!

Here is one I used to own:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps with exterior tags?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast