Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Caps with exterior tags?

Article about: Tags and marks in caps form an area of poetry and arcane knowledge.

Default Re: Caps with exterior tags?

Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Caps with exterior tags?Tags and marks in caps form an area of poetry and arcane knowledge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Caps with exterior tags?
    P
    Many

?

Cant be many left with tags. Would suppose many tags would be removed by GIs as the caps were taken.

?

Here is a Probe tag on a white top Cavalry visor pictured in the book "Exotische"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps with exterior tags?   Caps with exterior tags?  

Caps with exterior tags?Thanks for this nice piece. This work enclosed explains the work of the Bekleidungsaemter. This horse racing cap was a throw back to the old armies prior to 1918. The use of this kind of Probe, i.e. Mustermuetze is not well understood by many collectors, who impose an anachronistic standardization on the world of the 1920s and 1930s that never existed. This Probe was, in fact, the standard to be duplicated by contractors and cap makers in their variety. I enclosed an example of a black SS Sonderanfertigung cap as RZM Probe, which Maederer still has for sale, in fact.

Here is an unissued Luftwaffe NCO Erel that has the size tag in the buckle. (Small size, so that is probably why it is unissued). It also has the standard Erel cardboard tag over the sweatdiamond, which advertises their vented cockade system (most of these tags were torn out by the wearer).
    Attached Images Attached Images Caps with exterior tags?  Caps with exterior tags? 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I do get a thrill when mundane labels, tags and such are still present.

But I am a geek so it's understandable...

I would pay good money for an original "Cellophan" bag. Fakers take note!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps with exterior tags?   Caps with exterior tags?  

Caps with exterior tags?   Caps with exterior tags?  

Ben, being a fellow geek, I love the tags and bags, as rare as they are.

This one is in the Wilkens book, and came with the box and bag. Maker is Friedrich Methmann of Flensburg. (I believe they went by the trade name "Nordmark Mutze"):

Caps with exterior tags?   Caps with exterior tags?  

Caps with exterior tags?  

This is a box of theirs, probably from the Kaiserreich:
    Attached Images Attached Images Caps with exterior tags? 

?

Wonderful items!

Thanks to all for their illuminating contributions. Stonemint, are the Luftwaffe caps you've posted currently on the market? Those appear to be dealer photographs?
    Thanks, Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast