Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Caps in a frame...

Article about: Hi all, I was just browsing through a few applications this morning on the internet, and tried this, adding frames to some photos, which I found it just searching on the net, and I thought t

Default Caps in a frame...

Hi all,

I was just browsing through a few applications this morning on the internet, and tried this, adding frames to some photos, which
    I found it just searching on the net, and I thought these enhanced a few of my photos a bit, so as a complete novice with this sort
    of thing, I thought I would ask if anyone else had a few ideas that made a basic photo stand out a bit more, and wanted to share their
    secrets ....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps in a frame...   Caps in a frame...  

Caps in a frame...   Caps in a frame...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Caps in a frame...
    P
    Many

Although this pic isn't of caps etc, I thought I would add it as another example of how the frames can enhance some photos a bit.....

(the DE standard isn't mine, it belongs to Bill Rannow in the US). The flight SB is mine though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps in a frame...  

Another idea I tried today, blurred and rounded edges .....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps in a frame...  

I couldn't help myself, so tried a couple more combinations....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps in a frame...   Caps in a frame...  

Caps in a frame...   Caps in a frame...  

Nice one Bob...............in the UK some people may remember the programme ....you've been framed !

I like your very first frame, not so bright as to distract. The red piping (soldier's picture) in the frame is bright enough to lead your eye out a bit. I also like the caps not on a head better, much more artistic, and they seem to sit fairly well on their own. Didn't care too much for the blurred edges on the infantry cap, just a little weird IMO. The earlier versions of Photoshop had myriads of frames, some giving that rough edge of vintage photographs, which might work pretty well here, not a frame but it has that vintage look.

I like 'em all, Bob--great idea (& if only I could display them framed--would save me a lot of room!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks Larboard, my first 'play' in this area, and yeah I agree, the caps look better on their own, and not on a headform. Some
    of the border colours turned out a bit more 'garish' than I really wanted them, but thought they might inspire some of the more
    talented with a computer to show off some of their ideas perhaps.

Stoney I agree, it would free up a bit more room space indeed

Cheers

Bob