Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Captured" Soviet Headgear

Article about: Very nice piece. I cant understand how i missed this thread. I just searched the net for some details around these captured and reissued headgears, and this thread came up. I was very surpri

?

Thumbs up Re: "Captured" Soviet Headgear

Very nice piece. I cant understand how i missed this thread. I just searched the net for some details around these captured and reissued headgears, and this thread came up.

I was very surprised to see a collector actually has these reissued caps in their collection.

Congrats Richie. I hope i find a similar rare piece for my humble collection one day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Captured" Soviet Headgear
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Captured" Soviet Headgear

Very nice to see this real combat headgear. Soviet winter headgear became rare nowadays
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: "Captured" Soviet Headgear

Soviet winter uniforms were much better. Actually Germans did not had any good winter uniforms at all in 1941-42 winter. So Germans took boots and uniforms from the dead Soviets.

?

Smile Re: "Captured" Soviet Headgear

Here is russian m40s in use by the Cossacks, we see here in this photo from "Signal" the insignia on the caps are the Wehrmacht insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Captured" Soviet Headgear  

Is there any way to purchase any of these Captured Soviet ushankas?

I am just curious.

?

If you manage to find one that has original ww2 attached german insignia, then you should buy it. But you must remember that in 45 most of the wh insignias fell to the ground like hailstone, and out of the pockets the star and sickle insignias reappeared and were attached to the ushankas etc again.

I understand that, but first of all where do i find this type of hat, second how do i know if the insiginia that is attached is legit and not a fake repoduction model?

?

These items you only come across once every two years or something, regarding where to get any, well they can surface everywhere at anytime. There are no dealer that can say if they will get one for sale long time in advance. Reattached insignias can be very challenging to judge, and many times a "hands-on" approach are needed, experience regarding the item are needed.
    But remember they are not "valuable" monetarily speaking, they are a item balancing in between two types of cap collectors since they have one foot in each camp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2