Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chauffeur Schirmmütze

Article about: Yeah thinking about it it probably isint leather. The price is perhaps too much. Maybe when it ends ill try and see if he will sell it cheaper. Ill keep you guys posted Cheers, Pat

?

Default Chauffeur Schirmmütze

Hello Gents,

I dont think I have ever seen anything like this. The cap's top is different. And its boxed with a photo. It seems to come with a flight cap. I wonder if its a non-military cap that been reworked for military use (masking band).

Chauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur SchirmmützeChauffeur Schirmmütze

I would love your thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chauffeur Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chauffeur Schirmmütze

Hi Pat,

Can't help with the schirmmutze, but the flight helmet is a Luftwaffe LKpW101 Flying Helmet - An example of the Winter pattern with a leather shell and sheepskin lining made by Hersteller. It's unfortunately had it's earphones ripped out which severely affects it's value which is a shame.

Regards,Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Indeed, shame about the damage on earphones area.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Buy it! I've never seen another visor cap like this one. It's a remarkable piece of German history with the box and photo included and in pretty good shape too. The Luft flight helmet is just a bonus.
    I'd buy it just for the patina of the leather on top of the cap.
    I love groupings like this!

?

A long shot but he could be the driver of this kind of flak car, notice where the horn and I assume brake lever is positioned. Very similar to the soldier in the photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chauffeur Schirmmütze  

?

This is a remarkable photo quite obviously and I'm sure he wears a silk top cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chauffeur Schirmmütze  

Ben it's the singer seal ?

?

The more I look at this cap the more I like it. It's at 450euro which is a lot. The soldier in the photo doesent seem to have a masking band on his cap and with another cockade. But Who knows what has happened to this cap since this photo was taken.

Can anyone make out if the cap in the photo has the leather top?

Cheers, Pat

P.s. Outstanding photos Ben!

In my opinion it looks like leather, but I think we need some other opinions, but it definitly looks like it.
    Evan

?

After a second look, I think the top cover is a wasserdicht coated material and not leather.
    450 euro is a lot of money though. Prehaps the seller will relist at a cheaper price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast