Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?

Article about: A recent thread on the other site got me to thinking, not for the first time, why the fascination with Waffenfarbe colour whilst at the same time ignoring the quality of the product? In othe

Default Re: Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?

Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?The stray line of thread on such caps is less a rarity than many think. In the cap making thread elsewhere, I added articles on the problems of training a large force of men and women to make uniforms in the wake of the world economic crisis and the erosion of the uniform trade that had been a feature of the Weimar Republic and the 1929 crash. The making of these things required special skills, not had by all, and some of these things show less a standard of work.
    Also, the UM reminds us that the very best headwear was made on the cottage industry basis even in larger firms, that is, in Hausarbeit, i.e. an artisan way.

This snippet makes total nonsense, too, out of much of the received wisdom that smoulders and festers on other websites with the exalted check lists and text books.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-02-2013 at 02:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?
    P
    Many

Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?for instance.....these are wartime adverts seeking replacement skilled works masters or workers...the ads speak volumes to the issue here.

While the handicrafts of the past have vanished, an enterprising soul can still undertake such a life, but under somewhat different parameters....

Berufe mit Mode - Berufsbeschreibung
    Modist / Modistin / Hutmacher / Hutmacherin
    Die Welt der Mode und Bekleidung ist vielfältig und zahlreich. So ist es kaum verwunderlich, daß es auch zahlreiche Berufe in diesem Bereich gibt. Ein Großteil der Bevölkerung glaubt, daß hier fast nur Designer, Verkäufer und Models tätig sind. Doch die Größe der Modebranche bringt auch die Notwendigkeit der Berufsspezialisierung mit sich. Deshalb möchten wir Ihnen den Beruf des Modisten / der Modistin etwas näher bringen und Ihnen so hoffentlich die Berufswahl etwas erleichtern.
    Dieser Beruf ist auch bekannt unter Namen wie
    - Hutmacher /-in
    Der Beruf
    Genau betrachtet gibt es einen Unterschied zwischen den Berufen Modist /-in & Hutmacher /-in. Während ein Hutmacher hauptsächlich Herrenhüte herstellt, ist ein Modist für die Produktion und modische Aufbereitung von Damenhüten zuständig. Daneben stellt ein Modist / eine Modistin auch Mützen, Kappen, Brautgestecke, etc. her.
    Berühmte Modisten / Modistinnen arbeiten mit bekannten Modedesignern aus New York, Paris und Mailand zusammen und kreieren die Hüte passend zur Kollektion. Außerdem rüsten Sie Hüte mit Applikationen, wie z.B. Perlen, Zweigen oder Federn aus. Ein weiterer Punkt Ihrer Tätigkeit ist die Entwicklung von Schnittmustern.
    Bei Ihren Kreationen habe Sie es mit Stoffen, wie Filz, Stroh, Pelz, Leder und weiteren textilen Materialien zu tun, die Sie teilweise mit Appreturflüßigkeit behandeln müssen. Wichtig ist, daß Sie die Entwürfe für Ihre Kunden in Einklang mit deren Persönlichkeit bringen. Dabei ist die Kundenberatung ein wichtiger Faktor um Informationen in dieser Richtung zu sammeln.
    Häufige Arbeitsgänge
    Als Modist / Modistin stellen Sie oft Hüte in den Trockenofen oder Sie ziehen Stumpen über Formhölzer. Eine weitere häufige Tätigkeit ist die Anbringung von Knicken und Vertiefungen. Natürlich brauchen Sie auch von jedem Kunden die Maße, die Sie oft messen müssen.
    Das sollten Sie mitbringen
    Für diesen Beruf brauchen Sie ein Interesse an Mode & Modetrends. Außerdem sollten Sie ein gewisses zeichnerisches Können und handwerkliches Geschick mitbringen. Der Spaß an handwerklicher und gestalterischen Tätigkeiten darf allerdings ebenso wenig fehlen wie Ideenreichtum und Kreativität.
    Ferner brauchen Sie für die Anfertigung von und Arbeit nach Zeichnungen ein räumliches Vorstellungsvermögen. Auch die Freude an der Arbeit mit Textilien gehört dazu. Um möglichst viel von der Kundenpersönlichkeit in einem kurzen Gespräch zu erfahren, sollten Sie etwas von Gesprächsführung und Fragetechnik verstehen.
    Der Einstieg
    Dies ist ein anerkannter Ausbildungsberuf nach dem Berufsbildungsgesetz. Die Ausbildung dauert i.d.R. 3 Jahre und wird nach dem dualen Ausbildungssystem vollzogen, d.h. parallel in der Berufsschule und im Betrieb. Die Ausbildungszeit können Sie unter bestimmten Voraussetzungen verkürzen.
    Während der Ausbildung beschäftigen Sie sich u.a. mit Inhalten wie Modellentwurf, Anfertigung von Schnittmustern für Hüte & Mützen & textiler Warenkunde. Viele Modisten / Modistinnen machen sich selbständig nachdem Sie den Meistertitel erworben haben. Dies ist oft erst nach der Gesellenprüfung und zwei Jahren an Berufserfahrung möglich.
    Wenn Sie den richtigen Beruf für sich gefunden haben und sowohl wissen als auch fühlen, daß dies Ihr Traumjob ist, sollten Sie sich von nichts zurück- oder aufhalten lassen. FASHION-BASE.de wünscht Ihnen viel Erfolg!
    Ähnliche bzw. verwandte Berufe
    - Hut- & Mützenmacher /-in
    - Schmucktextilienhersteller /-in
    Adressen
    Bundesinnungsverband für
    das Modistenhandwerk
    Auf'm Tetelberg 7
    40221 Düsseldorf Bundesverband Hut und Mütze e.V.
    Mevissenstraße 15
    50668 Köln
    mehr Infos...
    Mehr Infos und Links:
    Bücher zum Thema
    Hut & Mützen Fabrik Balke in Bremen
    Mach's richtig von der Bundesanstalt für Arbeit
    Arbeitsamt
    STUB - Studienwahl und Berufswahl Online
    Berufskundliche Kurzbeschreibungen vom Arbeitsamt
    Haben Sie Erfahrungen mit dieser Ausbilung und/oder diesem Beruf? Haben Sie Tipps & Tricks für Neulinge?

- - Updated - -

Maybe I should do this, but I do not see well, and I cannot sew at all.

If you read this career outline above carefully, you can easily see why fakers have a tough time making a perfect fake.

Here is an example of an off day for the Muetzenmacher:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?   Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?  

Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?   Collect the Waffenfarbe or collect the quality?  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Never seen one as bad as that before!

I, like Ben and Stone. look for quality and condition first in the caps I collect. Getting all the Farbe. is not important to me. My collecting focus is to have a nice example (or 2) of all the branches of the Wehrmacht. The only one I need is a nice W.SS officers visor but I just can't break down and shell out $9K for one, maybe some day.

For myself, I would wait until I found a cap in a desirable state, from the branch of service that I prefer most (infanterie). I would attempt to strike a balance between the condition of the hat and my own personal interest in the branch of service that the cap represented.

I would choose the artillery visor.

Best wishes and happy collecting,
    Josh

?

Quote by Karl S. View Post
    I, like Ben and Stone. look for quality and condition first in the caps I collect. Getting all the Farbe. is not important to me. My collecting focus is to have a nice example (or 2) of all the branches of the Wehrmacht. The only one I need is a nice W.SS officers visor but I just can't break down and shell out $9K for one, maybe some day.
    I can personally attest that Karl's fine collection consists of top quality officer's peaked caps, along with some high quality M43's.

BobS

?

My VERY modest collection of peaked caps has a mix of both high quality, and "salty" caps, as I find it tough to pass on a "bargain." That said, I very much prefer quality over having one of every waffenfarbe, which will be unlikely anyway. My desire at present is for Heer officer caps for panzers, cavalry, and pionier, but if a high quality cap is available at the "right" price, I may well buy it, although not for a waffenfarbe I have now, given my limited collection.
    I have been collecting British Army officer dress and service visor caps for over 30 years, and have found the quality to be very, very consistent, whether WWII era, or postwar caps. The vast majority of post war caps were made by Herbert Johnson, who sold me my very first cap in their London store in 1976. With few exceptions, I stick to cavalry and Foot Guards regiments.
    The past few years, I also have been trying to expand my Imperial German visor cap collection as well. here, I am striving to collect as many regiments and corps as possible, which, of course leads to cavalry arm of service, given the few color variations in the infantry and support arms.
    As simple as it sounds, I say quality over quantity.

BobS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast