Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dak cap

Article about: I am wondering if this is an M41 or M43 DAK tropical field cap. What actually is the difference as I have seen similar caps with either label. I am also wondering who the maker might be or w

?

Default Dak cap

I am wondering if this is an M41 or M43 DAK tropical field cap. What actually is the difference as I have seen similar caps with either label. I am also wondering who the maker might be or what year this cap was produced as the stamp is difficult to read but appears to say Kassel (size) 58, and perhaps a word with a B above that. Thanks for any help. I am really appreciating the expertise of everyone in this forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dak cap   Dak cap  

Dak cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dak cap
    P
    Many

Hello,
    There are no M41 or M43 DAK tropical cap. The collector designation is M40 tropical cap, the designation at the time was Tropenfeldmütze mit schirm. Soutached (at the beginning) and non soutached (at the end) examples were used within the DAK, the Panzerarmee Afrika and the 1. Italienische armee and after the surrender of the axis forces in Tunis in May 1943, tropical caps were used mostly anywhere the german army fought. This one has a chance but internal photos of the airvents would help to determine authenticity.
    Is the eagle replaced, as there are loose threads visible ?
    Is there stitchings on the inside where the eagle is ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

The eagle has not been replaced. There is no stitching on the inside front. Here are the grommets on both sides and a photo of the front inside. It had a partner with a triangular eagle that had this tag on it, that I just sold. The tag indicates 2 field caps cotton. The man I acquired the collection from worked for US Military intelligence and designed clothing and equipment for the US Mountain troops.

Thanks for your information on the history of these caps. I appreciate it.

Dak cap   Dak cap  

Hello again,
    Thanks for the additional photos.....
    For me it's a nice example with sweatband and no soutache as produced from the summer of 1942.
    didn't you keep photos of the other example with triangular insignia ? they're also nice
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Here are some pics of both caps together and the other style with the triangle eagle.

Dak cap   Dak cap  

Dak cap   Dak cap  

Hello,
    It's a great cap with triangle Hoheitsabzeichen to speed up the production process and rayon cockade as expected...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Two very nice items, with history as well! Thanks for sharing, very nice.

As stated, technically it's an M40 and appears to be a very nice original.

William Kramer