Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dak m40

Article about: Absolutely beautiful cap! Great colour variation Jason

Default Re: Dak m40

Looks even better in the flesh another scroogie special brilliant that Dave very nice indeed
    cheers Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dak m40
    P
    Many

A lot of the coloration is probably due to the sun, this cap has seen a lot of it. Very nice lot
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

thanks guys glad you liked rgds Dave

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I wonder if the cloth elements were much closer in tone when the cap was new, and as its aged the difference has become more pronounced...
    I would think only marginally - the colour-fading on this cap won't have affected the basic colours that radically.
    At least this m40 is made from the more 'common' twill - I have a 1941 m40 Lubstein made from 'non-standard' canvas...
    Agree with Ben - Lubstein used what the could find to fill order quotas.
    Lovely Cap, as you know Dave!
    Mark

?

Quote by NZMark View Post
    I would think only marginally - the colour-fading on this cap won't have affected the basic colours that radically.
    At least this m40 is made from the more 'common' twill - I have a 1941 m40 Lubstein made from 'non-standard' canvas...
    Agree with Ben - Lubstein used what the could find to fill order quotas.
    Lovely Cap, as you know Dave!
    Mark
    Thanks Mark , and after looking under edges etc i agree the colour was only very slightly darker probably just the shade thats visible where soutache shadow is , thanks again guys , Dave

What an awesome find.
    Lucky sscroogeeeee
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    One of your best ever scores Dave! I've always wanted a Lubstein tropical cap and got pretty close with one Officers example on ebay years ago but Mr.Gibson outbid me.
    The use of olive and tan cloth is very interesting and just goes to prove that even the mighty Lubstein firm (in some peoples eyes) had to produce caps with whatever stock they had to meet orders.
    But I did put you onto that incredible Heer tropical cap with Luftwaffe eagle Ben.
    Dave's new cap is a very nice example. It was suggested elsewhere that it was originally an all olive cap that faded to very differing levels but there is absolutely no arguing that the cap was produced with both tan and olive cloth at the factory.

Mark

?

Yes you did Mark and it still remains in my top 5 all time favourite caps so thank you!

Seem to remember these things appearing on ebay maybe 2 or 3 times per year. I haven't seen one myself for yonks though so well done again Dave!

Hello there,

Really love this salty cap!

William Kramer

?

That is a extremely nice cap ever since you first posted it I have been on the look out for some period images showing this variation in use.
    As of yet I am unable to find any but one never knows what will pop up in the future.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast