Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

De-nazified caps

Article about: Hi chaps and chapesses, the other day I watched a film called The Captive Heart with Michael Redgrave as a Czech POW, who assumes the identity of a British Officer to avoid the Gestapo, a gr

sad stories for us collectors.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement De-nazified caps
    P
    Many

Throughout my life as a militaria collector I've always had the sense that I'm rescuing something historically significant for posterity...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

After the war, my uncle, who had been a marine, gave my father a number of clothing related items, namely a waterproof pea jacket, a white woolen roll neck jumper that had a terrific KM eagle on the front, a souwester with the officers name inside, all of these items were taken from the Prinz Eugen,along with a KM dagger with portapee ,scabbard, officers KM belt ,the hangers, a luger ,two K98 cleaning kits and various badges and awards, the jacket ,my dad used to wear for work,he removed the eagle from the jumper and wore it for fishing and the souwester when riding his bike in the rain, all of the clothing and awards have gone missing over time, the luger was given to my dads friend, I have the dagger minus the belt and hangers, the two cleaning kits, and a couple of badges,imagine the true cost of these now if all were intact, I sometimes cry myself to sleep at night!!!!!

?

*SIGH* most would cry....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2