Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

Article about: I have asked the Dagger guys for some help, but it seems their knowledge is pretty limited as well. Speculation is that the DRB/WSP was stationed primarily in Northern Germany, and supervise

Default Re: Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

this dagger is super rare....congratulation Stone !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...
    P
    Many

Thanks again, all (and Wolfy, good to hear from you!)

I don't know what it is about the DRB, but every time I try to "cull the herd", I end up with more:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is an example of learning something new every day.
    This is an officer of a very obscure Reichsbahn organisation, the Hochsee- und Bodenseeschiffahrt. The DRB owned numerous ships, which presumably transported rolling stock.
    My cap could also be for this group:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...  

I sure wish he was wearing a visor cap:

So, it appears now there are 3, if not 4 DRB water-related organisations: The High Seas Ferry Service; the Reichsbahnwasserschutzpolizei; the RKS; and the Hochsee-und bodenseeschiffahrt.

Never underestimate the Germans for their multiplicity of organisatins, and their fondness for separte and distinct uniforms!

Thanks for the nice material. Much more compelling than cap "sculls." The national railways were a huge organization with many branches. Such included high tech research later used in remotely guided weaponry, the ancestors of such weapons much in prominence on battlefields today.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    So, it appears now there are 3, if not 4 DRB water-related organisations: The High Seas Ferry Service; the Reichsbahnwasserschutzpolizei; the RKS; and the Hochsee-und bodenseeschiffahrt.
    I dug around a bit more in my reference books and found something relevant in Das Kleid des Eisenbahners by Jürgen Hartmann & Klaus Thiede, a collection of German railways clothing regulations covering the period of 1842 - 1993.

The July 1937 clothing regulations of the Reichsbahn break down into sections A "Eisenbahn" (= Railways) and section B "Schiffahrt" (= Shipping).

The Schiffahrt section in turn differentiates between two distinct groups:

1. Hochsee- und Bodenseeschiffahrt (high seas- and Lake Bodensee shipping) whose personnel wore special naval-style clothing (including navy-blue double-breasted jackets and optional white-topped caps for summer wear etc.) and special insignia.

2. Binnen- und Küstenfähren und sonstige Schiffahrt. (= inland- and coastal ferries and other shipping) whose personnel wore the same clothing and insignia as regular land-based railways personnel with the only distinction being a trade badge with an anchor device on the left upper arm.

Unfortunately, no later regulations referring to the Reichsbahn's shipping personnel appear in said book. Thus, no details on any subsequent changes in their uniforms and insignia. (Like the introduction of the collar patches in the above photographs, which clearly follow the Reichsbahn's 1941-pattern "rank group" collar patches, simply replacing the winged wheel with an anchor.)

(The book does not cover the Bahnschutz/Bahnpolizei organizations.)

Thanks for a fine post with much knowledge well presented.
    Frohes sowie besinnliches Fest sowie einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I dug around a bit more in my reference books and found something relevant in Das Kleid des Eisenbahners by Jürgen Hartmann & Klaus Thiede, a collection of German railways clothing regulations covering the period of 1842 - 1993.

The July 1937 clothing regulations of the Reichsbahn break down into sections A "Eisenbahn" (= Railways) and section B "Schiffahrt" (= Shipping).

The Schiffahrt section in turn differentiates between two distinct groups:

1. Hochsee- und Bodenseeschiffahrt (high seas- and Lake Bodensee shipping) whose personnel wore special naval-style clothing (including navy-blue double-breasted jackets and optional white-topped caps for summer wear etc.) and special insignia.

2. Binnen- und Küstenfähren und sonstige Schiffahrt. (= inland- and coastal ferries and other shipping) whose personnel wore the same clothing and insignia as regular land-based railways personnel with the only distinction being a trade badge with an anchor device on the left upper arm.

Unfortunately, no later regulations referring to the Reichsbahn's shipping personnel appear in said book. Thus, no details on any subsequent changes in their uniforms and insignia. (Like the introduction of the collar patches in the above photographs, which clearly follow the Reichsbahn's 1941-pattern "rank group" collar patches, simply replacing the winged wheel with an anchor.)

(The book does not cover the Bahnschutz/Bahnpolizei organizations.)
    Yes, thanks for the info--my search goes on!

Hello
    just came across with this thread, a very interesting.
    Here is my small input.

Alex.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...   Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast