Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

Article about: I have asked the Dagger guys for some help, but it seems their knowledge is pretty limited as well. Speculation is that the DRB/WSP was stationed primarily in Northern Germany, and supervise

The break down in sections is much older than 1937.
    I do not really know when it started, but in the "Reichsbahn, Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt der Deutschen Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft",
    nr. 12 from March 24, 1926 anyway gives the functions for a) Eisenbahn and b) Schiffahrt. Many, many functions anyway.

Further "Die Dienstkleidungsordnung der Deutschen Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft" from May 1924 also mentions the break down
    and shows the worn headgear for Schiffahrt.

It looks as the cap shown by Stonemint with post 1 is for DRB-Schiffahrt. Post 25: Reichs-Küsten-Schiff is not a good expression! An RKS
    was not mentioned in any of the known Reichsbahn-regulations. In a letter from November 15, 1943 from the Reichsverkehrsminister many
    possibilities were noted, but the RKS was not one of them.
    It is known to me that some years ago the RKS was suggested, but there is no proof for that. The letter from 1943 possibly would have given an
    answer when an RKS indeed had existed. But one can soak forever and in-depth and then Schiffahrt may have many meanings as well, well
    known ones or suggestions:
    Hochseeschiffahrt;
    Bodenseeschiffahrt;
    Binnenfähren/Binnenfährdienst (ferries);
    Küstenfähren/Küstenfährdienst.
    I throuw out a feeler: RKS could stand for Reichsbahn-Küstenschiffahrtsdienst.

I know there exists a Reichsverkehrsgruppe Seeschiffahrt (a sub-organization from the Reichsverkehrsministerium), but I do not know if the
    shown photograph belongs to this. Possibly not.
    The RVG is not in any way a Reichsbahn related organization. It was their task to train for the sailor's profession at their specific schools, the
    (Schiffsjungenschule). They did wear a tally with the indication for the city where the school was located, for example Hamburg,
    Bremen, Stettin. So as: R.V.S. Schiffsjungenschule Hamburg. The R.V.S here stands for Reichsverkehrsgruppe Seeschiffahrt.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 05-07-2014 at 06:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...
    P
    Many

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4