Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DJ-Führerdienstmütze

Article about: As most of you know, my focus is exclusively visors, but I made an exception with this cap for several reasons. The Deutsches Jungvolk ("DJ") was comprised of youths from ages 10-1

Default DJ-Führerdienstmütze

As most of you know, my focus is exclusively visors, but I made an exception with this cap for several reasons.

The Deutsches Jungvolk ("DJ") was comprised of youths from ages 10-14 (while the Hitler Jugend was comprised of youths ages 14-18).

Like the HJ, the DJ had its own leadership corps, however, they did not wear the uniforms of the HJ-Leaders, but a 3/4 length black wool tunic with breeches and boots (they later switched to a full 4-pocket tunic during the war.)

Instead of the wear of the visor cap, they wore a black wool winter service cap with a black buckle, silver political eagle (no HJ diamond), and aluminum piping for officer ranks:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ-Führerdienstmütze   DJ-Führerdienstmütze  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ-Führerdienstmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ-Führerdienstmütze

These hats were introduced in 1938, and continued to be worn through the end of the war. They are much rarer than HJ-Leader visors.

Wool is a soft melton:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ-Führerdienstmütze  

The earflaps are actually separate, and the wool is a heavy gauge. However, they were sewn-down at the factory (ie, they are not meant to be worn over the ears).

There are 2 grommets per side, both black enameled to match the hat:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ-Führerdienstmütze   DJ-Führerdienstmütze  

Piping is not butted, but is wrapped (yes, contrary to collecting urban legends, this was used as well):

Hat was made by Pekuro (RZM # 1073), and has their wartime coated oilcloth sweatband:

Here is the reason this hat survived in "stonemint" condition"--it is a size 60!

Hat is completely lined in black rayon.

Just like a Kepi, the top has a cap spring to keep its shape.

Not many pics of these in wear (as compared to HJ-Leader visors), but here is a DJ Leader holding his in his hand:

I like that one very much.

Thanks for showing it Chris!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here is the reason this hat survived in "stonemint" condition"--it is a size 60!

Hat is completely lined in black rayon.

Just like a Kepi, the top has a cap spring to keep its shape.
    Extreme mint condition, indeed.
    That has to be the main reason for its condition, the lack of need for a hat of that size.
    Chris, i did noticed one of the vents has a lower position than the other, is it normal on these?

Thanks for showing
    Cheers
    Nuno

An earlier example with the civil form eagle in lieu of the political eagle.
    The sweatband has dried out from wear and is not as nice as Stoney's.

DJ-FührerdienstmützeDJ-FührerdienstmützeDJ-FührerdienstmützeDJ-Führerdienstmütze
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast