MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze

Article about: A teller form gray SS NCO visor cap worn by an early member of the SS-VT or SS-TV. The cap has evidence of having the 1929 national emblem mounted on it at one time. I would date this hat no

Fenix82
    ?

Default re: Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze

the eagle on it is no doubt a Augustin Hicke and
    the skull off course a Deschler...........beautifull

2. # ADS

Hello the collector,

this is a nice SS VT political cap, but this cap is more manufactured in 1936 arround this period, because the pipe is not the most narrow.
    Very rare exemple Bob.

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Hello the collector,

this is a nice SS VT political cap, but this cap is more manufactured in 1936 arround this period, because the pipe is not the most narrow.
    Very rare exemple Bob.
    Sebastian-
    I of course have the advantage of holding this cap in hand. I must disagree that, in this case, the cap is earlier than 1936. There are only traces of the 1929 national emblem on the cap. THe SS-VT or SS-TK would not receive hats in 1936 with the early insignia, I would be possible for the 1934 pattern. In most cases, I would expect a 1936 cap to be mounted originally with the third pattern insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Bob, I just meant a photo of the whole cap from underneath, no need to pull the s-band up.
    Ben-
    I hope this is good enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Apropos thickness of piping as indication of chronology of manufacture, this enlisted cap is from 1935 and has exceptionally thick SA style kepi piping....

I am not sure that the putative thickness of piping indicates anymore than the cap maker's interpretation of the pattern piece at hand....

If our French colleague has other evidence, we are eager to know it.

The second cap here is of the same date or earlier (maybe 1934), and has quite thin piping...
    Attached Images Attached Images Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2