Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Article about: by davejb FB, I watched a programme on the SS when they were first formed, they were wearing black caps, similar to the peakless ww1 EM , with white piping and extremely large eagles, which

Default re: Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

another, this one found in a cookie tin....the badges are updated on an early cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    P
    Many

I am gradually exhausting my supply of pictures of old woolen head wear. All hail the Coleman collection and its wise and generous owner.

I notice that my obsession with old Kopfbedeckung has led to some change in my status. Thanks to the proprietors. I hope the readers of same find merit. If nothing else, this site now contains a high concentration of images that took a very long time to assemble. Happy head dress.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-23-2008 at 02:36 AM.

This one has no tag, but it is real all the same.

Compare the Silbergespinst cap cords to the other leader's cap I posted here.

The Spronk Saris book has an entry on this feature of early SS headwear.

These do not grow on trees.

Happy Kopfbedeckung.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

These are all excellent pieces. I can only expect an advanced collector to own one of these examples or one extremely lucky individual who does not know what they hold.

As usual thanks FB for your early example and thank you Bob for starting this thread with your example. The more i learn of these caps, construction and details only drives me to obtain one as such displayed. These are wonderful and exciting to my eyes !

rgds, Tyrone

Excellent thread, gentlemen. The early hats are sorely underappreciated by the masses--they all prefer the common 38-39-40 models, which simply lack the charm (and quality) of these early pieces. Oh, well, there is no accounting for taste (yes, that includes me, too).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

We will only dig a hole for ourselves in generalizing about popular taste, you know.

I am especially fond of these earlier caps for various reasons.

The officer's cap that came from Whamond and is still to be seen on his site is, in fact, what you call a "crush cap," as it has a buckram cap band.

But taste is individual, surely.

Glad you like them and thanks to colleague Bob Coleman for starting all of this.

If the Spronk Saris book is to be believed, then the Sonderanfertigung for leaders also was phased out in 1936, and should count as "early, " too...
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

another....this one has different piping, more akin to that seen on same SA kepis.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

further....
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

I found these pictures, and this sort of thing excites people, so there. This is a later cap, actually images from two caps, both of similar make and date of birth. 1938 in Muenchen on the Dachauerstrasse.

Someone else can share of their treasures. The burden is unevenly borne here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze   Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

Not an RZM cap, rather a private purchase - but this is an early cap as well . . . No longer in my possession, but cherished by it's new owner, I'm sure. As the eagle was identified as being reproduction, the person to which I passed on possession chose to "update" it with certain "modifications" . . . some I can agree with, but others were most disappointing. Since the day these "souvenirs came home", I have come to learn that such is the lifeline of many of the objects that we all enjoy displaying here (and elsehwhere) for shared pleasure . . .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast