Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Article about: by davejb FB, I watched a programme on the SS when they were first formed, they were wearing black caps, similar to the peakless ww1 EM , with white piping and extremely large eagles, which

Default re: Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Thanks. Changed cap badges are hardly a capital crime, at least to my compromised mind.

The purists on the other sites, who have little experience and perspective, imagine that these things all were made in say 1934 and have remained unaltered through the depths of time.

Such is sometimes true, but often not.

Yours was a nice cap. I recall it. An honest, real piece. Perhaps it did not have all the markings, but so what?

Thanks for your contribution here and elsewhere.

Best of the season to you, as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    P
    Many

Here is a cap found by the resourceful Peter J with a leather peak. Notice the appearance of the textile, too, and compare with one that I posted. This is a nice piece. Where is it today?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze   Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

Here an early Sonderanfertigung that came and went in an old Polaroid picture, evoking a vanished age. Notice the Silbergespinst Gehirnbremse. see this feature in posts # 3 & 13.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

Another early cap of the Fa. Clemens Wagner, with a high quality lining similar to the Sonderanfertigung and a leather peak in a fine state of preservation. This cap has no RZM marks. I assume it was made prior to the 1935 rule on trade marks, as one does find with this regalia. I was very happy to find this piece, to be sure. The badges were likely updated and were originally as in the Peter J cap above, but I did not change them back, since that is vandalism.

Happy peaks and visors to all that might read this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze   Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

Here's a pre- RZM cap that I bought from a friend back in the summer. He got it directly from the veteran back in the 70's, just as shown.

Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze   Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

This cap is for sale with Bruce Herman. It is not actually "pre RZM," since this entity was in existence when your cap was made. The issue is the requirement to mark said objects or not. Such a requirement emerged in 1934/5. See the Saris Spronk book.

Many collectors wrongly propose the idea that their objects were made before a given date, which in this case is not possible. The RZM (or its predecessor in the SA) was created in 1928 and the RZM was then established within the treasury of the NSDAP ca. 1930.

In any case, your cap is a nice piece and we wish you good luck in its sale.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This cap is for sale with Bruce Herman. It is not actually "pre RZM," since this entity was in existence when your cap was made. The issue is the requirement to mark said objects or not. Such a requirement emerged in 1934/5. See the Saris Spronk book.

Many collectors wrongly propose the idea that their objects were made before a given date, which in this case is not possible. The RZM (or its predecessor in the SA) was created in 1928 and the RZM was then established within the treasury of the NSDAP ca. 1930.

In any case, your cap is a nice piece and we wish you good luck in its sale.
    Thanks Friedrich you are a wealth of knowledge about these things. I would think my cap would be considered an early SS cap. I did send it to Bruce for a consignment sale and I think we have it at a very reasonable price. Merry Christmas All.

Quote by Karl S. View Post
    Thanks Friedrich you are a wealth of knowledge about these things. I would think my cap would be considered an early SS cap. I did send it to Bruce for a consignment sale and I think we have it at a very reasonable price. Merry Christmas All.
    The cap is indeed early and the price is quite fair. These caps have much character. The Bornschein firm made NSDAP and SS regalia.
    Thanks for posting your treasures. Good luck with its sale.

Mr. Stonemint is the guardian of makers' logos in detail.

Bruce Herman has very good black SS regalia for sale.

Here is a multi dimensional image of a cap I attached earlier.

It also has a forehead free of pressure feature in it, in fact.

This piece is in the Hayes book, and is much nicer in real life.

Mr. Chris will tell us the name of the maker, which I knew once, but now forgot.

This cap has "Oberbayern" in the name tag, but I do not know if it was from the SSTV unit or not.

It could also have been from an Allgemeine SS unit in Upper Bavaria, too, you know...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast