Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Article about: by davejb FB, I watched a programme on the SS when they were first formed, they were wearing black caps, similar to the peakless ww1 EM , with white piping and extremely large eagles, which

Default re: Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Quote by Frog View Post
    This forum, of all those I have dabbled in, reminds me daily of how much I have accumulated and yet how little I know, for sure.

I am really a true amateur in this field; I do have insight into other aspects of man's art and craftsmanship over the last few centuries, as I have been in the antiques trade my whole life, but surely here I am just a voyeur.

I most respect the input of D-M, Stone, Ben VK, Bob C. and other scholars who have devoted so much time to their learning.

It has certainly been to my benefit, among many others, I am sure.
    We are happy that this site has become a productive place because of these people you cite here, yourself and others.

None of us knows nearly enough, and I am figuring out once more how really little I know as I learn more through my super CD with all the nattering articles about people not following regulations and the trials and tribulations of selling things with RZM tags on them. Whole new vistas are opening up before me, I tell you. I did not know about Eberhard Assmann and his role in the RZM in Berlin. Did you? Did anyone on any of these sites ever mention him?

Happy new year in search of more arcane and picayune details of old stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    P
    Many

This is Eberhard Assmann, in fact. The 1st Reichszeugmeister in Berlin. He knew how these uniforms were made and sold in detail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze   Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

These are the men he clothed.... I have driven by this point in Berlin a thousand times, and never seen these men standing there, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze 

?

F-B -

Perhaps you have driven near this far-removed area as well:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

Quote by Frog View Post
    F-B -

Perhaps you have driven near this far-removed area as well:
    I think that there you show is a pedestrian zone today, but I surely drove around the inner ring road of the center of same a lot this summer and even got to enjoy the process. Munich is tricky for driving and the traffic is really awful, especially if your license plate is wrong and the kind of car is beneath contempt of certain natives at wheel besides you. This issue is less of a problem in Berlin, actually, although there is a lot of traffic there, too. I drive much more in Berlin than I do in Munich, though.

The former is home to me.

This is a pedestrian zone today and looks quite different after having been wrecked and rebuilt. I think Schikelgruber is going from the Munich railway station through the center of town in the direction of his digs in the Prinz Regentenstrasse or to the Fuehrerbau and the NSDAP neighborhood near the Koenigplatz.

I think.

Someone else can set us straight as it were.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze  

?

I would bet you have driven past this as well, much furher afield and beyond the borders:

Quote by Frog View Post
    I would bet you have driven past this as well, much furher afield and beyond the borders:

You cannot drive past this place under your own steam, although I did so in another kind of vehicle with someone else at the wheel, with certain blue and gold plates and the Czech police got upset, but that was in 1994. Praha is not that far from Munich, really. It all belongs to central Europe.

?

Fine call, sir.

This the Hradschin castle in Prague, ancient seat of the kings of Bohemia, c. 1939.

?

Back to the subject at hand, early black visors:

This interesting picture of SS musicians; unsure of date, perhaps 1935 or 1936 at latest; apologize for poor quality.

Note early first-period cap insignia (if you can make them out).

Anyone know what sort of instruments they are blowing on?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast