Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Article about: by davejb FB, I watched a programme on the SS when they were first formed, they were wearing black caps, similar to the peakless ww1 EM , with white piping and extremely large eagles, which

Default re: Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze

Quote by davejb View Post
    FB, I watched a programme on the SS when they were first formed, they were wearing black caps, similar to the peakless ww1 EM , with white piping and extremely large eagles, which covered the front of the cap, i would assume these are the rarest type as ive never seen one in a collection or museum, do you have any details, regards dave
    I think that Wim Saris in one of the Bender books on headwear has something to say about this style of cap, also mentioned by Lumsden.
    Naturally, I have never seen such a thing in reality. all the best to you, in turn, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    P
    Many

?

Thanks FB ill do a little research and see what i come up with, dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thanks FB ill do a little research and see what i come up with, dave
    schoene Gruesse, FB PS Vol. IV of the series on German headwear..

Early R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS SchirmützeFoetid and foetid. Look in the Thies Nuertigen auction to see a truly remarkable item, ex the Mollo collection. The silk cap of Karl Wolff is for sale with an opening bid of Euros 42,000. I cannot link the link here.

The caps here a pretty pedestrian in comparison.

Early R Z M Black SS SchirmützeHere is a page from the catalog. This cap has a silken cover, and is wrongly listed from the 1939 price list, whereas the thing was plainly made much earlier.

Early R Z M Black SS SchirmützeThe black v Ribbentrop SS uniform is also for sale, along with several other pieces of black SS regalia of extraordinary rarity. You realize how much out of the league you are with this level of foetid woolen. Von Ribbdentrop had honorary SS rank, and was a chum of Heini H.Early R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-07-2011 at 03:37 AM.

That auction is just loaded with high-end personality items. There is a really nice Paul Kaps LW General visor.

I thought that Wolff visor was in the Paul S collection, but maybe I am mistaken. Whatever, it is the apotheosis of the haberdasher's art.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Very impressive offerings, which mostly look authentic, in fact. Other known continental auctions are less upstanding, it seems, but I have little insight into this biotope even though I spend a lot of time in Europe. My time is not in the nooks and crannies of militaria.
    Maybe I can ditch my collection in Swabenland to the high rollers.
    I used to bid on far less athletic issues in Bavarian auctions four decades ago in an innocent time. I kept the auction catalogs, too, which I should scan and include.

I do own a black silk officer's cap as listed in the price list, but it is a normal officer's one of the year about 1937 or 1938.

Early R Z M Black SS SchirmützeEarly R Z M Black SS Schirmütze
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I do own a black silk officer's cap as listed in the price list, but it is a normal officer's one of the year about 1937 or 1938.
    See:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast