Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early SS VT Schirmmütze

Article about: Yes it does go for big money but I didn't pay that amount, but the dealer is very well known and one myself and others never felt you had to question, this is the first time , I'm Taking you

Default re: Early SS VT Schirmmütze

I posted both skull and insignia, whats your opinion on the hat itself, I think the hat it good insignia not, I like the look of the hat and the dealer is very well known world wide I didn't even think of pulling skull out hopefully he keeps up his reputation and takes hat back or replaces insignias, thx guys enjoy your weekend Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS VT Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

The "RZM 41" is an old fake from decades ago....

?

The eagle is an original late-war Assmann.

Thx wasnt sure your opinion on the hat itself ?

Thank you for help any opinion on the hat ? Thinking all good but the skull ?

?

The hat itself would need a close inspection to make sure it is not a regular Heer Schirmmuetze that has altered post war. From the photos, I would be suspicious that the black wool centre band has been added because when you look at the whole shape of the hat, there is something not quite right IMHO.

Ill add more pix to see if that will help with your opinion of this hat, if its not right Id like to. know what I'm saying when I return it thx guys any help
    will do

?

This might help.

Check the sweatband stitching all the way around the circumference of the hat (red arrow) This should be neat and machine done with no empty sewing holes etc.
    Check there are no extra holes in the area highlighted in the green circle other than the 2 for the skull prongs.
    Try to look under the lining at the sewing all the way around that holds the pasteboard to the rest of the hat. The pasteboard is the black coated card band that the blue arrow is pointing to. It should be neatly machine sewn top and bottom. If it's loosely tacked on and not tight, it's probably been replaced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS VT Schirmmütze  

Ben Thank you for the time you extended with this ,all stitching seems to be neat and tight, the pasteboard was very tight all the way around and seemed neatly done ,there was one extra hole where the skull
    Prong hole would go, this skull is marked rzm 41 which I've learned is fake 1960s, if all you mentioned checked out chances are the hat is right ? Thanks for your time Ben means a lot and I appreciate it Pete

?

No problem Pete.

Your best bet is to get this hat inspected by someone with experience. No offence but if you say it's original, that won't mean a lot to us. No worries if you just want to keep it but it's a different story when it comes to selling.

I only say this because an SS-VT era visor cap like this is worth what? 6 to 8 grand? that's quite a bit of money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast