Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers

Article about: Just cropped the pics and added them to you above post. Very sorry to say it is a fake. Several issues with it: air vent and overall construction. Seek a refund. Cheers, Ade.

piw
    ?

Default Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers

Hello - my first post

I have a M43 cap with a makers stamp in which seems to say DYZENFABRIK and then the date 1944 underneath. Is this a recognised maker?
    Hopefully somebody can help me!

Regards

Piw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers
    P
    Many

Default re: Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers

Hi, Piw. Welcome to the Forum !

Could you post photos of the cap and it's makers mark ?
    Regards,

Steve.

piw
    ?

Thanks for response - yes i should be able to get a photo up tonight.
    Having looked more closely at the mark - im now conviced it actually reads
    - OYZENFABRIK with the first letter before the O unreadable. Sitting right above the words there is a long low outline triangle - like a sort of roof.

Hope this makes sense!

Regards

Piw

Most issue Einheitfeldmutzen were not maker marked. By this stage in the war the RB number system was used.

Cheers, Ade.

piw
    ?

Thanks for the reply Adrian - i bought this cap as guaranteed 100% original from a well known retail outlet in the UK recently with a lifetime return option if its proved not to be genuine TR. I can find an almost identical version in one of my reference books which says its a 1944 model from a top end maker -but the pictures in the book dont show the interior fully nor say which maker!.

My cap has had re-applied T bar bevo eagle/roundel as the stitching goes through the interior and certainly looks like it was done by an unskilled hand.

Ill put up some pictures tonight

Regards

Piw

I look forwards to the pics.

piw
    ?

Default Re: Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers

Tried to get clear pictures with my little digi camera but markings are really faint so will need to get my bigger digital camera tomorrow.

However whilst taking the pictures anf getting my magnifying glass out i now think i can make out it says MUTZENFABRIK in capitals, then in smaller lower case letters underneath -men . n- - -
    with 1944 underneath that in larger numbers followed by 56 size stamp under that again - will get pics tomorrow!

Cant see an RB mark but the cap is certainly the same (including very similiar grommets) as the model shown as number 15 on page 30 of "Deutsche Soldaten" by Agustin Saiz.

Cheers

Piw

piw
    ?

Ok just read that MUTZENFABRIK means its made of wool and the smaller letters underneath probaly read Bremen - so that would mean maybe the only identfiable mark maybe the arrowhead/triangle marking above the MUTZENFABRIK stamp!

Actually it means "cap makers". I am not getting a good feeling about this. But pics will tell.

Cheers, Ade.

piw
    ?

Ive added some basic photos of cap to an album in my profile but not yet worked out how to put them onto the threads

Edit could someone do it for me!! Hopeless i know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers   Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers  

Einheitsfeldmutze (M43) cap makers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast