Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

english pith helmet TR insignia

Article about: This English pith helmet i have has the Heer metal insignia attached. I acquired the helmet some yrs ago at an old peoples jumble sale held at their nursing home,the pith helmet is by Walker

Default Re: english pith helmet TR insignia

Please do get a photo uploaded. By the way, you can pick up a book by Gerhard Hennes Under the Crooked Cross - very good reading. Apparently, the German armed forces used a lot of British materiel including vehicles, some clothing and even field phone cable. He was a Nachrichten officer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement english pith helmet TR insignia
    P
    Many

Bump!! Any chance of a photo Dave if you still have it?

?

I never did get to photo tne damn thing, and later sold it , sorry, but i,m no damn good with computers and still dont have a camera, in fact i must be the only bloke who,s broken three of the things before getting to take photos, plus a daughter who has lost all the accessories in a move, one day i will get a decent one and snap my merry way all day

- - ------- - -

I never did get to photo tne damn thing, and later sold it , sorry, but i,m no damn good with computers and still dont have a camera, in fact i must be the only bloke who,s broken three of the things before getting to take photos, plus a daughter who has lost all the accessories in a move, one day i will get a decent one and snap my merry way all day

?

Whoops, see what i mean

Fair enough Dave, It was a while back!

I'm just waiting on a salty old Wolesley pattern pith I've bought and came across your thread in doing a bit of research. I believe mine may be inter-war period but I'll post pics up when I get it.

Cheers

Ian.

MAP
    ?

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Fair enough Dave, It was a while back!

I'm just waiting on a salty old Wolesley pattern pith I've bought and came across your thread in doing a bit of research. I believe mine may be inter-war period but I'll post pics up when I get it.

Cheers

Ian.
    Ian,

I have a British WW2 1942 dated "Woolsey" Pith Helmet if your research turned up nothing. Could post pictures of it if you like. Size 6 7/8. No insignia on sides. No leather trim (indicating it is for enlisted men?). Has a good condition chin strap and silver lining. Maker is H.S Edwards & Co. Ltd.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Michael,

post them up that would be great!

MAP
    ?

Hello Michael,

OK. Will try to take pics tonight and post.

it's a pretty run of the mill Woolsey. Dispite some stains, it's in overall very good condition.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Hello Michael,

Ian,

Just posted this on another thread that just was created but will post here as well (along with its "companions")

Michael

english pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insigniaenglish pith helmet TR insignia

Hi Michael,

yes I noticed that thread started tonight by Jerry and I think it's a great idea. Thanks for posting your fantastic collection. The pith I am waiting to arrive is modest in comparison and very grubby but nonetheless has a history of its own. I will post pictures of it as soon as it arrives. I have always had a soft spot for pith helmets and this will be my cheap and cheerful first.

Cheers mate,

Ian.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast